Skip to content

Game on

EFL say game on !!!!

Comments

• Rickie’s sparking pre season form continues:

• What a relief! You are the Herald of good tidings, @rmjlondon!

• Very worrying about Bury though. First game postponed, and they've got till the end of the week to prove they can play their next one. Awful.

• Pity we haven't got a valid season ticket though!

• somebody has to piss on the fire ?

• We will be queuing to.piss on the fire it seems

• This will be a v strange season opener.
    Sympathy for Trotter fans maybe but this should be a demolition job. What odds the record home win vs Burnley from ‘97 goes?

• Give guaranteed a 2-0 defeat there @perfidious_albion

• Wikipedia has Bolton's squad up to seven, including two goalkeepers.

• @floyd said:
    Give guaranteed a 2-0 defeat there @perfidious_albion

Yep know what you mean! I was going for a Fred hat trick as well but thought better of jinxing that one as well!

• Surely they will just have to make up the numbers with their under 23 team?

• I'm sure they'll turn up with 18 experienced senior players and it'll be a tighter game that most of us expect.

They've played some behind closed doors games with 'a decent team,' haven't they?

• I actually feel more nervous because this is supposed to be such an "easy" win. Anything less would not be the greatest way to get the campaign rolling.

• I’m sticking with 3-2.

• In the last week Bolton have beaten Bradford City 2-1 and Salford City 1-0, both behind closed doors. They will be competitive and have something to prove, this will be no easy match.

• This is a potential banana skin.

• A banana is the only true potential banana skin.

• I've never really like the oft-used "potential banana skin"

If there is a banana skin on the floor, then it is a banana skin. You need to avoid stepping on it and slipping up. It's still a banana skin though.

Good to sort out important stuff like this

• @Jonny_King if there is a twist to the and that the game is called off does that mean the Wanderer is sold in the next home match?

• If you seal a banana skin in a closed box, then shake the box so you are unable to identify the exact position of the banana skin within the box, and finally place the box so it straddles the side line of a football pitch - is the banana skin potentially both in touch and out of touch at the same time?

• If someone slips on a banana skin and @marlowchair is the only person to witness it, did it even happen?

• If the banana skin parks its car in the Beechdean car park, is it an employee of the company?

• Has anyone here ever actually slipped on one? Any amusing details? We need a lift on this dreary Fredless morning.

• Just out of interest why is the Bury game 'suspended' and not 'postponed'?

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    If someone slips on a banana skin and @marlowchair is the only person to witness it, did it even happen?

Pure speculation in which I do not indulge.

• @thedieharder said:
    @Jonny_King if there is a twist to the and that the game is called off does that mean the Wanderer is sold in the next home match?

Yes, it would just go on sale for the following home game, certainly the next Saturday home game anyway. Hopefully that won't be necessary of course...

• Didn't Boris once claim that the EU had banned slipping on banana skins?

• People need to put banana skins in the bin, where they belong.

• Or in pyjamas, coming down the stairs