Skip to content

Signing #7 - .....

Comments

• The Tweet may have been deleted but Rob Couhig tweeted:

Welcome home,Fred! Great job by Gareth and Trevor to bring it about. Complicated but well worth it. Now, we need to get the season started on time. It’s great to be a Wycombe Wanderer

• edited July 2019

What a way of leaking it. Imagine if it doesnt come off now though!

• edited July 2019

Unless it has happened and he's leaked it and replied to an old tweet.

• Only a loan? Does that mean macca stays?

• where does it make reference to it being a loan ?

• ‘Another outstanding loan from GA.’

But the original tweet is 333 days old.

• The bit that says another outstanding loan signing was what I took to mean another outstanding loan signing.

• yeah....be good to know what is happening

• Other than that it was my inside information

• another outstanding loan signing its says clear as day lol

• Did the last two posts cross?

• @rmjlondon said:
    another outstanding loan signing its says clear as day lol

yeah it just threw me that the tweet is a year old !!

• Did those last two posts cross?

• Rob basically replied to the original Tweet saying it’s great that GA and TS managed to get it over the line. Even if he’s just jumped the gun, it all but confirms we are at the very least serious about signing him. It could be an error on Rob’s part but I suspect that behind the scenes they are just finalising a deal of some kind involving Fred and Macca.

• So either Fred has signed (either on loan or on a permanent deal) or else Mr Couhig isn’t completely in the loop with how the complicated negotiations have progressed and has somehow read an eleven month old tweet and thinks it’s from today.

Place your bets...

• Sounds very suspicious @Gary. I may lack much experience on Twitter, but wouldn’t Rob Couhig have to scroll back a year’s worth of tweets (of which there must be thousands) to find that one and reply to it?

• @Ned_Ludd said:
    So either Fred has signed (either on loan or on a permanent deal) or else Mr Couhig isn’t completely in the loop with how the complicated negotiations have progressed and has somehow read an eleven month old tweet and thinks it’s from today.

Place your bets...

He looked like he didn't really know what he was doing on twitter. Reckon he's leaked it, announcement tomorrow calling it.

• I demand a thumbs down for my post of 9.49.

• Wycombe Twitter has exploded tonight!!

• @Bacon_Sandwich Not necessarily - if he'd done a search for "Onyedinma signing" or something the old tweet would've popped up.

• The clue is in the fact that the Wycombe drummer is in the @ of Couhig's reply. Drummer has been retweeting old club news tweets today.It seems likely Mr. Couhig saw one of the retweets and mistook it for new news.

• @Uncle_T said:
    The clue is in the fact that the Wycombe drummer is in the @ of Couhig's reply. Drummer has been retweeting old club news tweets today.It seems likely Mr. Couhig saw one of the retweets and mistook it for new news.

Great spot

• We're going to end up signing Fred Flintstone or Fred from Corrie by mistake.

• I personally think he’s just jumped the gun. He wouldn’t post about the hard work of GA and TS if there wasn’t already stuff going on behind the scenes to make it happen. I guess it could take slightly longer if it is indeed a swap deal of some kind.

• An additional factor is that Drummer has his Twitter name currently showing as "wycombe Wanderers fc" (sic) so all of the retweets appear as having been posted by "wycombe Wanderers fc". If a reader doesn't check the actual @ address and doesn't notice the bad capitalisation, which can easily be done if scrolling quickly through a set of tweets, they could easily mistake any of his tweets or retweets for official ones.

• That drummer is becoming a bit of a menace isn't he.`

• Which probably goes to illustrate why you shouldn't do the online equivalent of listening at the toilet door and then rushing out to the playground and shouting what you (mis)heard, before stopping to think about it for a minute or two.

And we wonder why there is so much inaccurate information going around purporting to be fact.

• Beautifully put @Twizz. Dangerous place for the ingenues to play.

• I miss the drummer coming on here, pretending to be a close friend of the drummer. Good times...