Skip to content

Bolton show of support

Is there anything we can do to show unity with Bolton on Saturday? A banner or some protest.

Comments

• I emailed Matt Cecil about the possibility of a collection of some sort - he said it'll be raised at the operational meeting ahead of the game. Any vocal show of support is a must too - at the very least I'm sure there'll be a few chants of 'F*** the EFL', a trend which seems to be gathering momentum on Twitter.

• Aye thought Matt Cecil was the man for the job. Whoever introduces the teams on the mike needs to say something also

• Would be a good way to test out the new screen in one way or another? Obviously without getting ourselves into any bother (seeing as they like to make a big deal out of the smallest of matters eg Wimbledon programme)

• I would be in favour of a pitch invasion and sit in protest in the centre circle. Some things are mire important than football

• Get the game on then get it called off

• Is there a number important them ? Maybe a minutes applause at that time ? Just a thought

• Minutes applause are so common now it won't get noticed. We need to do something radical so sky will shit themselves

• We will probably get fined by the EFL for any vocal support!

• Can’t believe some of the things LX1 has written, or is he just on a big wind up? Show sympathy to Bolton fans by all means, but a collection when we need money ourselves? Say something as the teams walk out and get fined by the FA and EFL? A pitch invasion and sit down protest and get fined again? Get the game called off and face a further fine and the possibility of being docked 3 points?

• Apologies to LX1, he didn’t suggest a collection, that was someone else.

• @glasshalffull said:
    Can’t believe some of the things LX1 has written, or is he just on a big wind up? Show sympathy to Bolton fans by all means, but a collection when we need money ourselves? Say something as the teams walk out and get fined by the FA and EFL? A pitch invasion and sit down protest and get fined again? Get the game called off and face a further fine and the possibility of being docked 3 points?

Staggering lack of compassion for their staff and fans, a collection is totally appropriate if nothing has changed, their position is far worse than ours. The harsher protests are for their fans not ours but i wouldn't begrudge them doing some of the things seen at the likes of Charlton.
    If they've used a crappy cva by then, dumped debt to local businesses and paid everyone more than we could it all changes of course.

• I have absolute sympathy for their staff and fans, but what about the people who’ve really lost out in this dreadful situation, the individuals and businesses owed money for goods and services provided, money that will probably never be repaid? If there’s a collection for them, I would be the first to contribute.
    The other measures suggested by LX1 would be damaging to WWFC and achieve little.

• If there position hasn't changed the game wont be on !

• edited July 2019

Show sympathy to Bolton fans by all means, but a collection when we need money ourselves?

If there’s a collection for them, I would be the first to contribute.

• edited July 2019

@glasshalffull said

Show sympathy to Bolton fans by all means, but a collection when we need money ourselves?

Difficult to know where you actually stand on @th100's suggestion

• While you feel for the fans and players, a collection is just compounding the issue, the club directors and management over spent in an attempt to be successful. Result now is several small businesses being out of pocket by thousands of £s.

• @glasshalffull said:
    Can’t believe some of the things LX1 has written, or is he just on a big wind up?

You still don't know your posters on here do you!

• @mooneyman said:
    @glasshalffull said

Think @glasshalffull was saying we need the cash as much as any other football club, but if the collection was for local businesses that Bolton owe money to he’d be first in line to contribute to that collection.

• Morning @glasshalffull. You really don’t think @LX1 was serious with any of those suggestions do you?!

• Interesting that we've now put tickets on sale for Bolton fans

• Sensible not to send tickets up there for them to sell and then expect them to then send a bag of money back...

• @mooneyman said:
    @glasshalffull said

As I said, I would be happy to contribute to those individuals and companies who have provided services and goods to the club and are therefore out of pocket as a result of Bolton’s situation.

• Think @glasshalffull was saying we need the cash as much as any other football club, but if the collection was for local businesses that Bolton owe money to he’d be first in line to contribute to that collection.

Thanks, that’s exactly what I meant.

• @Midlander said:
    Morning @glasshalffull. You really don’t think @LX1 was serious with any of those suggestions do you?!

Who knows? I can’t figure him/her out.

• @Malone said:

@glasshalffull said:
    Can’t believe some of the things LX1 has written, or is he just on a big wind up?

You still don't know your posters on here do you!

Evidently not! I blame my advanced years.

• @glasshalffull said:

@mooneyman said:
    @glasshalffull said

As I said, I would be happy to contribute to those individuals and companies who have provided services and goods to the club and are therefore out of pocket as a result of Bolton’s situation.

How would you actually know that your donation was going directly to those individuals and companies?

• How would you know where the money was going if you just blindly donated it to the club?

• @glasshalffull said:
    How would you know where the money was going if you just blindly donated it to the club?

That is the question I am asking you! If someone comes around with a bucket purporting to be for the benefit of unpaid staff or companies, how do you know it isn't going eventually end up being grabbed by the club's owners?

• I don’t know so I guess the whole idea is unsound.

• @glasshalffull I was just being silly. You take me far too seriously. Let's hope both Bury and Bolton find a way out of this mess