Skip to content

Comments

• Excellent signing - probably too good to be playing second fiddle, which makes me think there's something in the McCarthy rumour (the account below tends to be reliable). Jase to Millwall for Fred plus cash?

• Sounds like a great signing although I'm a bit unclear about why someone Ainsworth thinks was one of the best defenders in the league last season is available on a free within our budget. Coventry are a basket case club though, who knows.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Sounds like a great signing although I'm a bit unclear about why someone Ainsworth thinks was one of the best defenders in the league last season is available on a free within our budget. Coventry are a basket case club though, who knows.

He was in the team of the year in league 2 when we both got promoted. Don’t think he played as much for Cov last year. Spoken to a couple of Cov fans I know who said he is an excellent signing both on and off the pitch.

• Sounds like he fell out of favour after Chelsea's Dujon Sterling came in on loan. Haven't heard a bad word said about him.

• @th100 you obviously don't hang around the posh end of Marlow High Street

• @LX1 I was referring to Coventry fans and Grimmer - but no, I can't say I do!

• Must admit I'd not heard of him, but looks to have a good pedigree, and good insurance if McCarthy goes.

Plays other positions apparently though.

• Another one of these as the others seem to have gone down well https://chairboyscentral.com/2019/07/25/new-blue-jack-grimmer/

• Confession time @th100. Apart from this one, I’d only seen the one for Paul Smyth. Could you point me to the others please.

• @micra Alex Pattison is the only other one I've written up so far https://chairboyscentral.com/2019/07/22/new-blue-alex-pattison/

I'll get the rest done over the weekend, although knowing my luck we'll probably sign another six tomorrow.

• Many thanks @th100. Somewhat oddly I’d almost forgotten about Alex Pattison in the same way as I’ve a feeling quite a few of us have forgotten (in the context of the possible departure of Jason McCarthy) that Sido was a pretty accomplished right back before his successful conversion to centre back.
    Incidentally, what bright, likeable, smiley guys Giles Phillips and Jack Grimmer come across as in their introductory interviews. JGS more reserved and pensive (not a surprise given his remarkable CV for one so young). We really do have something new and very exciting to look forward to.

• Will now look at the Alex Mattison piece!

• Pattison even!

• You can't say Pattison without saying 'Mmmmm'

• Is that a quote from a “commercial” @Right_in_the_Middle ?

• @micra. Someone is going to have to show you how to edit a post. Unless you cued up the RITM response, that is.

• @Twizz said:
    @micra. Someone is going to have to show you how to edit a post. Unless you cued up the RITM response, that is.

Maybe he has an even crapper mobile than mine, as I can never edit on my phone.
    Laptop - no worries.

• I was only gently teasing, I believe he owns the latest and greatest iPhone XR (or maybe not).

• He certainly doesn’t @Twizz but I’d like to think it is possible on this Apple 5 something or other. May see one of the grandchildren over the weekend so will seek advice.

• My uncle, who is 104, reminds me that there used to be an ad for Mattesson’s smoked sausage which had the slogan “mmmmm Mattessons”.

@Right_in_the_Middle is clearly older than I thought!

I must be thick @Twizz because I haven’t a clue what “..cued up the RITM response” means.

• About this editing malarkey. I’ve often wanted to and there is a blue rectangular box with “Edit” in it (just above “Post Comment”) which I have pressed hundreds of times but it doesn’t let me edit something I’ve already posted. There is also a little grey cogwheel opposite my username which does not appear to do anything.

Not sure why I bother. It’s too darned hot.

• I can edt on compuer but not on phone. Luckerly my firs draf are uusllay perfect.

• So our mein.

• @micra said:
    So our mein.

sour mein? Mmmmmmmmm

• If rumours are true about Mccarthy then do you think we will get a good bid for him or will we act like we usually do and sell for cheap.

• @trevor I think there's a whole thread on this old boy. Consensus seems to be that he might or might not go to Millwall and if he does we might or might not get a good price and a player in exchange. Other than that no-one knows nothing.

• McCarthy (along with Freeman) has been rested for tonight’s game.

• Should we be worried about losing Freeman? He is still untapped potential in my opinion (for what it is worth)

• Didn’t he sign a new contract recently?

• I think he did @floyd.. 2 years signed last summer is what I remember