Skip to content

Comments

• Had a brief word with his dad Labour MP Barry Gardiner at the game on Saturday. Pleased for the lad, did well even playing out of position at right back when he came on. A battler in the O’Nein mould.

• Hendon fan here. He looked decent for us last year and always gave 100% so good luck to the lad. His dad used to come to most matches in a full suit, but then he's the local MP so in the constituency and "always on duty"!

• Is he a left winger like his Dad?

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Had a brief word with his dad Labour MP Barry Gardiner at the game on Saturday. Pleased for the lad, did well even playing out of position at right back when he came on. A battler in the O’Nein mould.

I bet Barry’s reply was far from brief?

• @arnos_grove said:

@perfidious_albion said:
    Had a brief word with his dad Labour MP Barry Gardiner at the game on Saturday. Pleased for the lad, did well even playing out of position at right back when he came on. A battler in the O’Nein mould.

I bet Barry’s reply was far from brief?

But I’m sure he was very clear.

• I think his father's politics are very dangerous but I won't hold that against him . Isn't it ironic that he has played his football in Russia !

• It’s like ten thousand spoons when all you need is O’Nien.

• @James everybody's politics can be dangerous. All that matters is if he can cross a ball onto the big man's nut

• More like a traffic jam, when you're already Yates

• Or a no tackling sign..when you're Dominic Gape

• It's like losing Cowan-Hall..and then signing the beautiful Smyth

• Craig Mackail-Smith, thought his name was unique
    He came down from Scotland, because the weather was bleak
    He waited his whole damn life, to meet someone with a similar name
    So when Jacob Gardiner-Smith signed, he thought
    "Well, that's nearly the same"

• @LX1 said:
    Craig Mackail-Smith, thought his name was unique
    He came down from Scotland, because the weather was bleak
    He waited his whole damn life, to meet someone with a similar name
    So when Jacob Gardiner-Smith signed, he thought
    "Well, that's nearly the same"

Class ??

• edited July 2019

JGS remains something of a mystery, but here's a little bit more on him: https://chairboyscentral.com/2019/07/27/new-blue-jacob-gardiner-smith/ (largely covered in a couple of other articles already, but I've got to keep plugging the blog...)