Skip to content

Brentford splashing out again, Nico and Sam must be well down the pecking order ?

A couple of days after spending 2.1 million on defender Bjelland.
Brentford are set to sign Chelsea midfielder Josh McEachran in a deal worth £750,000, BBC Sport has learned.
The 22-year-old has made 22 appearances in all competitions for the Blues after making his first-team debut in September 2010 in the Champions League.
He spent last season on loan with Dutch outfit Vitesse Arnhem and has also had loan spells at Swansea, Middlesbrough, Watford and Wigan.
The ex-England Under-21 played 15 games in the Dutch Eredivisie last year.
He would become Championship side Brentford's sixth signing of the summer and would join Akaki Gogia, Ryan Williams, Yoann Barbet, Konstantin Kerschbaumer and Andreas Bjelland at Griffin Park.

Comments

• Yes a real good sign for us. If Nico and Sam want game time we may just be their club of choice.

• They have a model that appears to be working with the Trust keeping a grip on the major assets allied to an owner who is putting in money to underpin the success. The supporters who invested to save the club four or so years back have been paid their monies back and the Trust retain two seats on the main Board.
    Long may it last for their sake.

• Good club are Brentford.

• I do question their decision to heave Warburton out though.

• Warburton left because he would not agree to the continental style of recruitment of players where the head coach has little say in transfers. I see no problem with those that are putting the money in having the final say on acquisitions and disposals.

• Its Shit, yet another club looking overseas rather than look to the English leagues or there own youth and reserve teams, what's the point of any of it! Brentford have always produced good players as we have found to our benefit over the years, it saddens me the way football is going. Championship is just like the Premier league ten years ago, so in ten years does that mean League one teams will recruit from overseas?

• @M3G - You understand that Josh McEachran is English right?

• @prufrock_91 Dont insult me, you know what my post refers to.

• I did enjoy the book Moneyball. The film was ok. I look forward to the dramatisation in West London.
    It could be a fecking disaster of course.

• SOUNDS sCOTTISH TO ME. LOL.

• Cheltenham Red?