Skip to content

Brentford

Subs: Trialist-FW2, Trialist-CB3, Mackail-Smith, Kashket, Trialist-LB2, Trialist-CB2, Freeman, Trialist-RB1, Samuel.

Comments

• No Gardiner-Smith is interesting.

• He's out training with the other players.. Maybe a little injury...

• Pitch looks immaculate, kudos to the groundsmen yet again

• Live stream from Brentford channel -

• Absolutely top man! @NorthumberlandBlue

• 2-0 - Bayo, with Smythe looking very lively.

• Smyth is rapid and looks absolute quality. Will be a star for us this season based on this (I know it's a friendly but this is higher level oppo)

• Good to see Josh Parker playing. Plays a similar role to Paris but think he'd be a step up in quality.

• Who's the other triallist forward? Danny Parrish or Kairo Edwards-John?

• Parrish not here that I can see. Kairo Edwards - John is on second half

• Gardiner is playing

• @rmjlondon said:
    Gardiner is playing

He should be cutting the grass!

• Commentator at the end said "good chance to see some of the Brentford B team out there today"

Did he mean there were a few of the B team mixed in? Or was that actually their reserve team?

• A die hard Walsall fan I used to work with messaged me in the week to say we had taken Kairo Edwards on trial and they were gutted as he had been with them during the early part of the summer and had looked mint apparently

• I went with a mate who is a big Brentford fan and he said that they only add about 3 of their first team squad.
    I was impressed with Ali Coote (18) for them. Apparently he is in their B team and would be a good loan signing for us.

• Why are they playing friendlies without their main team, out of interest?

• @Malone said:
    Why are they playing friendlies without their main team, out of interest?

According to the commentators, the first team had a behind closed doors friendly against an unnamed premiere side yesterday.

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@Malone said:
    Why are they playing friendlies without their main team, out of interest?

According to the commentators, the first team had a behind closed doors friendly against an unnamed premiere side yesterday.

Not sure if it's just me, but that seems a bit of a joke really.

I expect we didn't bill the game as "Brentford reserves" on the PR?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It was hardly the Wycombe first team either.

• Smyth looks really good.

• Nice to see a cameo from Darius Charles for the last 10 minutes, a step up from fielding the physio.

• Out of interest where did Parker play today?

General consensus from Gillingham fans is that he’s better playing through the middle, which is where he played in the League One play off final for Charlton.

But sounds like he can also play wide.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Who was the first half centre back trialist today?

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    Who was the first half centre back trialist today?

Giles Phillips - QPR defender - guess a possible loan. Played well and scored v Woking.

• I thought Parker (if that's who scored the first) and Smyth looked superb.

• The 500 Club event afterwards was well done and there was a real feeling of positivity about the place. The players and GA were approachable and happy to chat. Matt Bloomfield may be the nicest man in the universe.

• @Malone said:

@EwanHoosaami said:

@Malone said:

Not sure if it's just me, but that seems a bit of a joke really.

I expect we didn't bill the game as "Brentford reserves" on the PR?

As a wise man once said, pre-season friendlies are gash.

They’re a fitness exercise, a chance for the manager to try out new tactics, formations, trialists, squad players who rarely feature, etc.

And it’s only Brentford. Who in their right mind would have rushed out and bought a ticket just because of the opposition? Top 6 premiership side, for sure that would pull the fairweathers. But I really can’t see anyone giving a shit which side BFC brought, as long as it was a competitive game (which the score indicates it was).

So the game served its purpose, surely?