Skip to content

New attacking signing??

2»

Comments

• @drcongo said:
    Looks like a decent signing. Not a fan of that goal celebration though.

Whatever happened to the good old manly handshake? Another of our players in the last couple of seasons also celebrated scoring with backward somersaults but I can’t for the life of me recall who. High injury risk- not least to teammates closing in for a cuddle.

• @micra I miss handshakes in general. Now, if one approaches a fellow gentleman in a jovial and friendly spirit, one must know a five to seven part epic interpretive hand dance in order to express the same sentiment, it seems.

• As a strict (as opposed to strictly) non-dancer, I find those complex hand movements totally bewildering. I can just about manage the vertical palm version.

• Just watched his interview with Matt Cecil.
    Impressive young man. Describes himself as small and quick. No sign (or signing) of Ilias Chair.

• @micra said:
    Another of our players in the last couple of seasons also celebrated scoring with backward somersaults but I can’t for the life of me recall who.

That was Snoop Dogg. I didn’t mind his celebration as it was skilfully executed. I have a six year old that does it better than Smyth though.

• I personally won't mind if he does that twenty times this season

• You raise a good point @NorsQuarters

• edited July 2019

• Very interesting read about Paul Smyth on the Sunderland forum after he ripped them to shreds last season. Obviously not the finished article yet but definitely has potential for this season.

https://readytogo.net/smb/threads/the-lad-smyth.1462677/

• No, seriously @drcongo there was a player who did the back somersaults. I think on reflection it was probably Randell Williams. (Apologies if you knew him as Snoop Dogg.)

• @th100 said:
    Here's another one:

Have we ever signed anyone who's played in the Champions League* before? Smyth has.

*qualifying but I'm gonna count it

We had a manager who won it...

• In fact 2 managers who have won it, although one was the old European cup.

• @Will_i_ams said:
    In fact 2 managers who have won it, although one was the old European cup.

You mean the real European cup. The one only league champions played in? Rather than the champions league in which the four richest clubs get through?

• @Wendoverman said:

@Will_i_ams said:
    In fact 2 managers who have won it, although one was the old European cup.

You mean the real European cup. The one only league champions played in? Rather than the champions league in which the four richest clubs get through?

Yep..

• @micra said:
    No, seriously @drcongo there was a player who did the back somersaults. I think on reflection it was probably Randell Williams. (Apologies if you knew him as Snoop Dogg.)

That's him, his name had escaped me but his face hadn't as he looked a lot like Snoop Dogg.

• excellent write up from @th100

https://chairboyscentral.com/2019/07/24/new-blue-paul-smyth/

Looking forward to more of these.

• @drcongo said:
    excellent write up from @th100

https://chairboyscentral.com/2019/07/24/new-blue-paul-smyth/

Looking forward to more of these.

Thanks very much. I'm working through the backlog (the nerve of Gareth to make all these signings in quick succession) but will get something similar done for them all. Still working on the aesthetics of the site so it's a bit less basic, but I'll get there in due course!

• Excellent write-up @th100. Let’s hope there’s no January recall. Exciting times ahead. Looking forward to the rest of the pen pictures/videos.

• @drcongo said:

@micra said:
    No, seriously @drcongo there was a player who did the back somersaults. I think on reflection it was probably Randell Williams. (Apologies if you knew him as Snoop Dogg.)

That's him, his name had escaped me but his face hadn't as he looked a lot like Snoop Dogg.

Committed cardinal sin of not bothering to google Snoop Dogg. Genuinely thought it was a strip cartoon character. Having now seen pictures I know exactly what you mean.

• @th100 this is a class write up. Please keep them coming g sir.

• sadly my work computer will not allow me to view @th100 's sterling work. I assume he is a sophisticated Russian hackmeister accessing all our data by way of Wycombe Wanderers player profiles...these fiends will stop at nothing to learn our secrets.
    I will just have to try it on my phone later!