Skip to content

Comments

• we have no attacking midfield players atall

• Since when was he an attacking midfielder? Shows his position as forward / striker

• He plays number 10 or wide

• Seem to remember he scored against us for Accy last season.

• @NewburyWanderer said:
    Seem to remember he scored against us for Accy last season.

He won two soft penalties in that game if memory serves.

• Exciting player - Accy fans certainly liked him - would be a great addition.

• a pen is always soft when its against us !!! was Kevin Johnson the referee ??

• I first noticed him on the Quest highlights show scoring from a brilliant free kick for Accrington (but not against us) and I remarked about the irony of what looked like a talented young player on our doorstep going on loan as far away as Lancashire - unless of course he was homesick and saw it as an opportunity to get home more easily and more often. Seems to be some confusion on Wikipedia about his height 5’ in one section and the metric equivalent of 5’9” in another.

• Confirmed as signed on loan

• QPR supporting colleague says he's a good player and no-one there is really sure why he's not getting a look-in. In Gaz we trust...

• Season long loan is fantastic...no chance of him going back in January if he's on fire!

• So Gareth DID go to QPR...to raid their talent pool yet again.

• Good work Gareth, good work indeed.

Smyth and Kashket playing off Bayo will give a few defenders sleepless nights.

• That would be a handy combination, but I just can't see Bayo starting all that many games this season - he's said himself his body's finding it tough, and it certainly looked that way late last season. I still hope we bring in an out-and-out striker who can chip in with 10+ goals.

• edited July 2019

@Wendoverman said:
    @th100 CMS?

I don't see that happening at all, I think he's well past his best, especially at this level. I'm sure he'll play his part but wouldn't expect him to notch many (although obviously happy for him to prove me wrong...).

On a separate note, who was the last Wycombe player to be capped by a top 50 ranked nation? Smyth has 2 senior NI caps.

• @th100 said:

On a separate note, who was the last Wycombe player to be capped by a top 50 ranked nation? Smyth has 2 senior NI caps.

Jermaine Easter? Not sure where Wales were ranked when he was capped but they're in the mid-30s now.

• @Ned_Ludd Not a bad shout. Top 50 roughly anyway, but what I mean is national teams you wouldn't term 'minnows'.

• NBTWAG, even though I’ve never seen him play or know anything about him there’s no way he’ll amount to anything, we’re doomed, Ainsworth out etc.

(welcome Paul)

• @th100 said:

@Wendoverman said:
    @th100 CMS?

I don't see that happening at all, I think he's well past his best, especially at this level. I'm sure he'll play his part but wouldn't expect him to notch many (although obviously happy for him to prove me wrong...).

Ironically, Craig Mackail-Smith, who you wrongly write off in the very same post as you pose the question

• I think we’ll still see plenty of Bayo this season. He’s a very fit man and his game isn’t reliant on running all over the place.

With the likes of Samuel, Kashket, Smyth, CMS and Freeman to do his running we’ll be ok.

Maybe a few 70-75 minute performances wouldn’t hurt rather than flogging him for 90 odd minutes.

• Here's another one:

Have we ever signed anyone who's played in the Champions League* before? Smyth has.

*qualifying but I'm gonna count it

• Hang on, Neil Lennon. Any others?

• Looks like a decent signing. Not a fan of that goal celebration though.

• Thought Rob Lee might have done - but it seems he left Newcastle the season before they played it in.

• Steve Guppy second time around - had played in the CL with Celtic.

• Apparently Michael Duberry had for Leeds

• Milk turned faster !!>

@th100 said:

Apparently Michael Duberry had for Leeds