Skip to content

Ticketing System

I see this new ticketing system has now gone online https://wwfc.ticketco.events/uk/en/m/e/wwfc_v_brentford

Wonder it the Couhig's are already making their changes.. £1.00 off a pint.. Not crisps though!

Comments

• I doubt it. It’s something I suspect the club has been planning for months. These things take a while to organise

• Just bought my ticket for Brentford friendly including voucher for discounted pint. Quick & straightforward.

• From the club:

"It is the first significant off-the-pitch development introduced by the football club’s new management structure of Rob Couhig, Mark Palmer and Peter Couhig."

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2019/july/blues-team-up-with-ticketco-for-cloud-based-ticketing/

• Says something about getting a new card for your season ticket, wonder why they can't load that on to the app.

• I can't be the only one who often runs out of charge on his mobile fairly regularly, or has got too crap a phone to keep adding loads of apps.

What happens in the former example?

• @Malone said:
    I can't be the only one who often runs out of charge on his mobile fairly regularly, or has got too crap a phone to keep adding loads of apps.

What happens in the former example

You are usually oblidged to make sure you have enough charge in these cases, its pretty common now, and printing as a backup is usually possible, but it wouldn't be overly difficult to have a charger or two in reception

• Interesting that there are 13 steps involved in this new 'simpler' ticketing alternative. The existing one has just 3 steps: 1) At ticket booth, request ticket. 2) Pay for ticket. 3) Present ticket at turnstile to gain entry.

My favourite of all, though, is the first method I ever used to gain entry to a football ground: 1) Pay cash at turnstile. 2) Enter ground.

• Think you might be comparing appkes and pears here @LeedsBlue . I'd love to know the 13 steps on the new system as I think I could get to that many on yourcurrent 3 stage one

• @LeedsBlue said:
    Interesting that there are 13 steps involved in this new 'simpler' ticketing alternative. The existing one has just 3 steps: 1) At ticket booth, request ticket. 2) Pay for ticket. 3) Present ticket at turnstile to gain entry.

My favourite of all, though, is the first method I ever used to gain entry to a football ground: 1) Pay cash at turnstile. 2) Enter ground.

Or at Loakes Park: 1)find loose corrugated fence panel 2) pull aside and step inside.

• @TrueBlu said:
    I doubt it. It’s something I suspect the club has been planning for months. These things take a while to organise

Clearly not as my just issued season ticket is to be replaced

• I’m really impressed by the new regime as they have clearly done their homework and understand the ethos of the Gasroom.

There has been a total absence of the ‘my season ticket hasn’t arrived, yet’ thread so it’s good to see at this late stage of the close-season they have managed to re-introduce this tradition.

I confidently predict in a pre-vote push that they will twist @drcongo’s arm and force him to bring back the Christmas lights on here.

• The one time they get the season tickets out in excellent time and then end up having to post new ones.
    Hopenthe benefits outweigh the loss!

• I’m sure Peter Couhig will have grappled with the CBA !

• I must admit that I had lost the will to live halfway through reading the 13 step process. As others have commented, I bought my season tickets at the last home game of last season and was pleased to receive them immediately, only now to have them replaced, so the usual "will they or won't they arrive in time" conundrum will rear its ugly head again!

• I didn't read it at all as i had my ST! Talk about snatching defeat from victory! Any info @AlanCecil when they will start sending out new ones?

• @LeedsBlue said:
    Interesting that there are 13 steps involved in this new 'simpler' ticketing alternative. The existing one has just 3 steps: 1) At ticket booth, request ticket. 2) Pay for ticket. 3) Present ticket at turnstile to gain entry.

13 steps is just the initial setting up of your account including sensible security steps. After that it appears to be very quick and easy.
    Handing over dosh at the gate is apparently still available for those who find it all too much!

• @Slaphead great news about the cash at the gate

• Does this mean that the 2019/2020 ST I now have in my wallet will soon be worth a bundle as an unused collector's item?

• Just picked up on this. Thought the article was about a new app to buy tickets and never bothered reading down to the kick in the tail at the end.
    Wonder if the club will communicate this separately to season ticket holders as only 14 people read the gasroom

• I wouldn’t worry too much. The scanners haven’t worked for a season and a half so it will still be some poor sod on the turnstile looking at card/paper/app vaguely disinterested and wave us all through

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Just picked up on this. Thought the article was about a new app to buy tickets and never bothered reading down to the kick in the tail at the end.
    Wonder if the club will communicate this separately to season ticket holders as only 14 people read the gasroom

I imagine there will be a letter in with the new ticket to explain all

• @eric_plant said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Just picked up on this. Thought the article was about a new app to buy tickets and never bothered reading down to the kick in the tail at the end.

I imagine there will be a letter in with the new ticket to explain all

on about August 24th

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

Get it right.
    The gashroom Is "run" by about 20 people. Some of which post under multiple accounts.

There are more than 20 individuals who post on here, and at least 37 people read it. If my optics are correct.

• @bookertease said:
    I wouldn’t worry too much. The scanners haven’t worked for a season and a half so it will still be some poor sod on the turnstile looking at card/paper/app vaguely disinterested and wave us all through

Even better for the games they email you the ticket and they lazily just tick, or rip each ticket.
    Flawless.
    Except you've photocopied it 73 times and let the local mob in for a twoer a pop.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I didn't read it at all as i had my ST! Talk about snatching defeat from victory! Any info @AlanCecil when they will start sending out new ones?

I was told this will start very soon.
    If you have taken advantage of the season ticket discount for this Saturday's game, you will need to take your current (19-20) season ticket with you to show at the point of entry.

• I saw some of the yoof on fb (plus a couple of the slightly odd chaps in their 40s who hang out with them) getting very animated about how great this whole thing is.

But, was there ever a problem with buying tickets?! Or did I miss that? Seemed pretty easy anyway, didn't it?
    And as season ticket holders, even less of one?!

• @Right_in_the_Middle 1) the 13 steps are listed in the article
    2) I challenge you to get 13 steps out of my preferred approach without adding things like 1. Get out of bed 2. Put Replica shirt on. 3. Kiss badge in manner of Roger Johnson... etc.
    3) In any case, @perfidious_albion wins hands down.

• @Malone You're trying very hard to make "gashroom" a thing, but I'm afraid it doesn't seem to be catching on. Well done for trying though.

• I think that's because it's such a shit "joke"

• @Malone said:
    I can't be the only one who often runs out of charge on his mobile fairly regularly, or has got too crap a phone to keep adding loads of apps.

What happens in the former example?

Get yourself a portable battery as back up.