Skip to content

Signings and Transfer Rumours

Comments

• If we were seriously looking at Dan Bowry, it didn’t work out; he’s signed a one year contract at Cheltenham.

• There's a claim on Twitter that we played Beaconsfield in a training ground friendly and had former Charlton and Gillingham midfielder/forward Josh Parker playing for us.

• @Jonny_King I saw that - has someone been spying from the bushes? Also, Beaconsfield are playing P&TG in a friendly today, although I suppose they could have sent any old 11 to face us.

• @th100 said:
    @Jonny_King I saw that - has someone been spying from the bushes? Also, Beaconsfield are playing P&TG in a friendly today, although I suppose they could have sent any old 11 to face us.

Happy to put my name to that. I know somebody who plays for Beaconsfield, mentioned that he played today. Said he was very good but may come to absolutely nothing.

• Kazenga LuaLua released by Luton? Worth a look?

• would be great but most probably out of our budget (defo out if our budget shall I say !)

• Everyone on twitter is saying Josh Parker is woeful! Hope he'll be OK for us if we are that unnamed club who signed him up!

• Ah the online generation,where everyone is either amazing, or terrible, with nothing in between.

• If people haven't learnt to trust GA with signings by now, I fear that they never will.

• Josh Parker has appeared for Wycombe previously, apparently, as second-half sub against Torquay while on loan from QPR back in 2010. According to chairboys.co.uk that was the same match as Stuart Lewis made his Wycombe debut as a second-half sub also.

• He played very well against us down at Gillingham in the snow and rain last season.

• Well said @rmjlondon but I wasn’t there (thank God) and it would be interesting to hear the opinion of eg @BlueBoy and anyone else who was both there and also noticed Josh.

It is always slightly concerning when a player still in his twenties has been at a dozen or so different clubs but, as @LastQuarter implies, GA has usually chosen well.

• Hopefully not another Jason Banton!

• Or Darius Charles although, when fit, he showed what a good defender he could be at left back as well as centrally and I believe he has also played as a central striker on occasion in the past. Some you win...,,,

• Unless he's drastically cheaper to employ, it would be a bit odd to release PCH and replace him with Josh Parker. However, in Gaz we trust etc etc.

• @Uncle_T said:
    Josh Parker has appeared for Wycombe previously, apparently, as second-half sub against Torquay while on loan from QPR back in 2010. According to chairboys.co.uk that was the same match as Stuart Lewis made his Wycombe debut as a second-half sub also.

I penned a report of that game for the now defunct SMBU website. I only remember it because in reference to his debut, and the fact that some fans were going a bit OTT in their displeasure with the team I called it "Stuey Lews and the boos", which I was rather pleased with.

• https://wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2019/july/gallery-practice-match-ends-in-4-0-victory/

We got new photos from the Beaconsfield game, few players i don't recognise on the later photos, one looks like Josh Parker

• This is that photo i'm talking about, the one in between McCarthy & Dom and the one on the far right, i think that is quite clearly Josh Parker

• @League1Blues said:

This is that photo i'm talking about, the one in between McCarthy & Dom and the one on the far right, i think that is quite clearly Josh Parker

On closer inspection i think thats Blooms haha

• Is that not bloomers between McCarthy and Gape ?

• @ChasHarps said:
    Is that not bloomers between McCarthy and Gape ?

yeah! i realised that literally just after posting this, the new haircut got me confused!

• The tattoo on the far right players arm also matches!

• @micra said:
    Or Darius Charles although, when fit, he showed what a good defender he could be at left back as well as centrally and I believe he has also played as a central striker on occasion in the past. Some you win...,,,

Looking at Darius’s Instagram, as we know, he is still doing hip recovery work with the Wycombe fitness team at the training ground. Given what a good player he was / could be then perhaps Gaz n Dobbo are thinking let’s see if he can get back to match fitness?

• Our first summer signing is here. Wonder if it’ll be a familiar face!

• Welcome to former Middlesbrough midfielder Alex Pattison. He’s signed on a 1 year deal.

• Given that Alex Pattison played quite a lot of games for Yeovil last season, could there be a link between this signing and the coming on to the scene at Wycombe of Couhig and Palmer?

• Yes @Uncle_T . Also potential new loanee Diallang Jaiyesimi was on loan at Yeovil last season. Sounds as if Mark Palmer is already using his contacts.

• @Uncle_T said:
    Given that Alex Pattison played quite a lot of games for Yeovil last season, could there be a link between this signing and the coming on to the scene at Wycombe of Couhig and Palmer?

Yes I agree, especially with the rumour that Diallang Jaiyesimi may be joining too. They will deffo be looking at talent from Yeovil.

• I hope this is just recommendation and not a Waddock style policy from a team that just got relegated. Nothing against the player(s) coming in obviously. Recruitment and Media I would suggest are probably two areas where external investment rather than external expertise are required.