Skip to content

New kit?

2»

Comments

• I like the look of that away kit, very smart

• General approbation so far then. But wait.....,,,

• @peterparrotface said:
    To be fair the club knows we've got loons on here who absolutely lose it over the phrase away kit and changing kits when there's no clash.

One of our proudest traditions

Let it never die

• I like the black goalies kit

• Those loons aren’t just on here either!

@peterparrotface said:
    To be fair the club knows we've got loons on here who absolutely lose it over the phrase away kit and changing kits when there's no clash.

• They look nice, very tasteful.

• The yellow shirts are good.

Every time we get a new away kit I do pray for a remake of the green and white stripes. That was a great shirt.

• edited July 2019

I like them. A couple of the photos on the club’s website make the yellow shirt look more like ‘Tango giraffe’ but hopefully that’s just a trick of the light.

• Saying that the keeper's kit is a vast improvement on the previous abominations is still damning with faint praise, though they look to have done a decent job of keeping things much smarter and simple.

• Re the Yashin kit ,don't forget Maskell was better than Yashin ( ask your Dad/ Granddad)

• edited July 2019

I would love to see how that sponsor's logo looks on the Swan kit, not to disrespect Cherry Red.

• Feel for Coventry, who don’t exactly have a positive relationship with Wasps, have just released a black and yellow away shirt.

• @peterparrotface said:

Well, you say that - but Edmund Monsoon was the primary guardian of no-one referring to an alternative kit as an AWAY kit, under pain of death.

Unless I’ve missed a particularly obvious change of alias, the Monsoon is no longer, leaving the formerly fertile Gasroom grounds of CHANGE kittery parched and helpless?

• @eric_plant said:
    I like the look of that away kit, very smart

Magnificent timing after @peterparrotfaces post

• I particularly miss @EddieMonsoon. He introduced me to the stadium Facebook page and, although we didn’t always see eye to eye, he’s a good guy.

Remembered by me and my passengers at the time as the guy who took nearly five minutes to manoeuvre into a relatively generous parking space in one of the industrial unit car parks in Hillbottom Road.

• Mr67, I had forgotten the “ maskell is better than Yasmin” chant. Takes me back to the hospital terrace at LP

• edited July 2019

"if only you'd give me my Lev Yashin poster back?"

• Eddie Monsoon is for some reason I do not understand boycotting the Gasroom. He is also boycotting home games, again for some reason which I do not fully understand, even though he has attempted to explain it to me. It has something to do with the lack of transparency of the Trust Board - which is a fair point - but I'm not sure how his non-attendance at home games is going to help.

He is still to be seen at away games and continues to support his beloved Surrey CC. His twin boycotts are to my mind a shame because he is a lovely guy if, as I think he would cheerfully admit, a tad obsessive.

• @our_frank said:

"if only you'd give me my Lev Yashin poster back?"

That's one for the kids

• Yorkyblue don't forget Horseman was better than Eusebio and ......are in for a thrashing. Happy days indeed