Skip to content

PCH to Colchester

Two year contract. It seems a bit weird wishing him well playing for Colchester, but perhaps he can grab a brace every game, while they lose 3-2.

Comments

• edited July 2019

The neanderthals are not going to like this.

• @Wisdom_Of_Harry said:
    The neanderthals are not going to like this.

Ours or theirs?

• I was actually thinking of the numbskulls I had the misfortune of standing next to at Burton after Beavon had the temerity of playing for another club. I'm not sure how Colchester's finest will react to having an ex-chairboy in the ranks.

• Paris also joins Sam Saunders and Marcus Bean (off the top of my head) as having played for both clubs.

• Courtney Senior is currently there as well and apparently doing well and attracting interest from higher up. I vaguely remember him coming on as a sub whilst on loan from Brentford (think it was his only appearance for us).

• Steve McGavin played for Col U before and after playing for Wycombe.

• For some reason you've forgotten about John Cheesewright as well.

• Sam Stockley too.

• Keith Scott had a spell there too!

• Scott McGleish, Dean Morgan... (plus manager Lambert - has anyone else managed both sides?)

• I seem to remember Col U midfielder Nicky Smith playing a couple of pre-season games for us after they released him back in the 90’s

That was right at the height of the two clubs rivalry and I remember Smith not getting a very friendly reception from the AP faithful.

Unsurprisingly he didn’t stay around for long.

• He got into the line up for the pre season squad photo that year.

I had the poster on my wall, and I drew over him with a black marker pen.

Appalling scenes.

• Gary Smith played for both teams as well, btw

• @eric_plant said:
    Gary Smith played for both teams as well, btw

Equally legitimate to use the verb ‘enforced’!

• They didn't play together often, but imagine being an opposition midfielder and seeing your opposite numbers were Gary Smith and Martin Blackler.

Think I'd tweak a hammy in the warm-up.

• The excellent COTN has a comprehensive list: http://www.chairboys.co.uk/clubs/colchester.htm

• Martin O'neil signed Nicky Smith from Col Utd, Smith was irritating in the same way that fellow dimunitive players Anthony Hessenthaler and Dennis Wise were.
    Smith had a change of heart about signing and left without playing a game, but did manage to get in a the 194/95 team photo.

• That timeline doesn't add up

O'Neill was manager throughout the 94/95 season

• Yes he signed in that close season. Got his face in the team Photo and poodles off.
    Jeff Lissaman done much the same thing when Jim Kelman signed him from Boston in the late 80's.

• Ah, I got confused and thought you were talking about Smith the manager.

You are right. It was the summer after we won the play offs. Delighted he didn't sign though.used to hate him

• He was more annoying that Mcdonut.