Skip to content

Stevenage launch new kit

Erm... lovely... Also how does a club of that stature get Burger King involved?

Comments

• We had Samsung and Fifa one year but the commercials were actually pretty poor. It could be a big deal or just a big brand paying average rate.

• edited July 2019

Was 'spilt ketchup and mustard' the look they were going for with the away kit? Both awful though.

• I’ve seen some nice looking kits lately but these are awful!

• The first choice shirt has a certain 80's/90's European charm to it, like something a rubbish East German side would have worn.

The change kit is disgusting and should be destroyed.

• Looks like they are staff, chap on the left has just been vomitted on by an entire kids party

• Baz has obviously got a new batch of 'shrooms and is freelancing.

• The home kit isn’t awful. The away shirt is surely a joke.

• Those kits look beyond embarrassing.
    Pure tack.

• Given the images floating around social media we might be envying the restraint in Stevenage's away shirt by Friday.

• @floyd I've just seen the images popping up on my FB...I can see why there may be concerns!

• We have some yellow, black and purple, though two of those may be goalkeeper tops. The initial hope of yellow and black quarters may be dashed...

• Anyone capable of posting these images here?

• We've sent sneak peeks of the #ChairboysNewKit to a handful of fans...

And there's not long to wait until the big launch!

We're revealing the new change and goalkeeper strips at the @DormeoUK showroom in High Wycombe on Friday at 4pm. pic.twitter.com/zGbw6gVCmu

— Wycombe Wanderers (@wwfcofficial) July 2, 2019
  • I'd love a black away kit but am probably in a minority there.

• @th100 I quite liked the tomato soup away kit...but yes black would be preferable to some of the away kit sights we've seen in recent seasons!

• Black wouldn't help us out much if the other team plays in darkish blue too.

• With black, I think we would also still clash with at least Gillingham and Rochdale, whereas yellow would see us still clash with Shrewsbury, so either we are going to be purple, or we are going to continue to use the white or tomato soup as a third?

• Wasn't the logic with that horrific goalie kit we had, that opposition strikers would be "put off".

When the reality seemed to be, that it actually helped them, as they just had to make sure they kept the ball away from the massive luminous monstrosity?

• @Malone - Scott Brown won player of the season for Port Vale once he stopped having to wear the Yellow Submarine, so you may be on to something...

• I personally prefer either all white or all yellow away kits

• Red and white quarters my personal fave, or a red and black design, either quarters or vertical stripes.

• I am a little concerned by the level of transparency of the yellow fabric. Hopefully, the kit reveal event on Friday won't prove to be too revealing.

• @Jonny_King said:
    The first choice shirt has a certain 80's/90's European charm to it, like something a rubbish East German side would have worn.

The change kit is disgusting and should be destroyed.

Were East German kits really any worse than those on the other side of the iron curtain? There were plenty of awful kits in the west as well.

• @Uncle_T said:
    I am a little concerned by the level of transparency of the yellow fabric. Hopefully, the kit reveal event on Friday won't prove to be too revealing.

Hope it's not one of those kits that look superb on super fit guys in their 20s/30s, but look dreadful on pretty much all fans.

Or is that every kit?

• My money is on purple for one GK kit, yellow for the other and black for change.

• @Malone said:

@Uncle_T said:
    I am a little concerned by the level of transparency of the yellow fabric. Hopefully, the kit reveal event on Friday won't prove to be too revealing.

Hope it's not one of those kits that look superb on super fit guys in their 20s/30s, but look dreadful on pretty much all fans.

Or is that every kit?

Isn't that any item of sportswear ever?

Personally I think any form of lycra or "fitted" type football shirt should be outlawed in sizes over XL unless your name is Bayo, no one wants to see that.

• black and yellow quarters anyone ?

• The yellow and navy quarters we had back in the mid-90s was a great kit.

• @Shev said:
    With black, I think we would also still clash with at least Gillingham and Rochdale, whereas yellow would see us still clash with Shrewsbury, so either we are going to be purple, or we are going to continue to use the white or tomato soup as a third?

Gillingham's new one doesn't have any black on but yeah, black and yellow would clash with Rochdale and Shrewsbury respectively. I thought I read that the orange and white ones were going - I hope I'm wrong now.