Skip to content

Signings and Transfer Rumours

Comments

• I think I can see Ben Frempah out of focus at the back of the last photo.

• The FB lot were saying Liam Dickinson and Jamie Mascoll.

• @Chris said:
    I think I can see Ben Frempah out of focus at the back of the last photo.

I thought he was released

• He was, but he could still be training with the squad.

• Surely no chance it is Liam Dickinson?

• Doesn't mean they are all on trial, they've talked about the difficulty setting up decent scenario training without enough players for attack v defence let alone 11 v 11. Could well be bring your mates to work day.

• Dickinson hasn't played for a league club in 7 years - there's a difference between signing a 33 year old Nathan Tyson, and a 33 year old Liam Dickinson. Hoping that it isn't him.

• Millwall have signed Matt Smith from QPR and given him Fred Onyedinma's number 10 shirt, suggesting Fred is almost certainly on his way out.

• And the breaking news about new backers makes it more likely than not that Fred will be joining us soon.

• Don't do that to yourself @micra . It is the hope that kills.

I think I must be the only one who's not that bothered about Fred coming back.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Don't do that to yourself @micra . It is the hope that kills.

I'm with you on this. Without doubt he's good but I'm not sure he'd even be a guaranteed starter and we could probably get someone just as good/better on a cheaper loan deal

• Doesn't look that much like Dickinson to me.

• Nor me. And given that he was last seen failing to make the side at Droylsden in October it would be a bizarre move.

• @FmG said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

I'm with you on this. Without doubt he's good but I'm not sure he'd even be a guaranteed starter and we could probably get someone just as good/better on a cheaper loan deal

A player who did well for us last season already slated before he even gets here! :smiley: Not a guaranteed starter? @FmG

• If ever there was a guaranteed starter.......

• Body is required apparently so here it is.

• Someone's worked out that the tall thin lad with the weird bleached blonde topping on his hair is ex-Charlton

• Hadn't finished that...

• ... ex-Charlton defender Dan Bowry. 21 yo, never made a first team appearance for Charlton, but had loan spells at Kingstonian and Hampton & Richmond. Capped twice by Antigua & Barbuda.

• Shirley we can't be looking at Liam Dickinson? Well out of the professional game for several years and not exactly an Ainsworth type of player attitude-wise.

• Josh Umerah post Weight Watchers? Haven’t seen the picture so I might be barking up the completely wrong tree (or just be barking).

• @Jonny_King I think Dan Bowry was the Liam Dickinson-alike.

• That's a relief!

• @Wendoverman said:

@FmG said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

A player who did well for us last season already slated before he even gets here! :smiley: Not a guaranteed starter? @FmG

"Without doubt he's good" = slated??

We already have Bayo, Kashket, CMS and Samuel so definitely not guaranteed to start. For me he wasn't significantly and consistently better than the rest to mean he's first on the team sheet.

I'd be happy for him to come back, but I agree with @Right_in_the_Middle that I'm not as bothered as others seem to be about him returning.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

perfect for you

• Let's be real on this, we didn't pick up very many points after Fred went back did we? I know we lost Randell Williams, (though he blew hot & cold), also Bryn Morris whom I thought was very good but didn't make the starting line up towards the end of his period. I thought Fred started a bit slow, but gradually got "Wycomised" and for me, was integral to most of the good things that happened on the pitch. I would love to see him back and with a good pre-season under his belt, I believe we would have an excellent chance of improving on last seasons points total.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I agree about the lack of Post-Fred points, though I thought we were dreadfully unlucky not to beat Sunderland, Shrewsbury and Rochdale, nor get anything from the games against Oxford, Gillingham, Portsmouth and Charlton. I know that is playing the "shoulda coulda woulda" game, but I do think we can be competitive with the starting lineup we have, and the fact that we are going to add to it with GA's contacts and expertise has me almost giddy!

• Agree @Shev and some of those games we just needed to avoid silly mistakes and needed that extra bit of quality that would have inched us over the line. I think Fred - if he comes - could add it.