Skip to content

Trust agree deal (in principle) with Major new Shareholder Rob Couhig

Comments

• There's a clear and obvious middle ground between political views being irrelevant and a reason to dismiss a bid - they are a factor to consider amongst many others.

• Seriously ? so someone can't have a different political view to your own without you refusing to be involved with them ? this is about a football club in need of investment . If the majority have your standpoint then god help us .

• Maybe he should have surveyed the amount of "snowflake" Wycombe fans and made his decision to invest on this ?

• And 'political views' is underselling it here - he is a former political candidate.

• Jesus , anyone would think he is Hilters grandson . Get over yourselves

• Please save the straw man baiting for the Mail Online comments.

• Ah , the old "you read the mail " liberal shutdown . Not hear that before !!

• @James said:
    Maybe he should have surveyed the amount of "snowflake" Wycombe fans and made his decision to invest on this ?

how many is that then?

• @Username said:

@Wendoverman said:
    If we start deciding who can invest depending on their political views we might be narrowing our options somewhat. Just a guess, but I would imagine an ice-cream businessman and F1 owner based in Bucks might possibly be a Tory/UKIP. As long as he did not demand I vote for Bozzer or Beery Nigel...

There's a line to be drawn somewhere though...

If we were bought by someone along the "Nige" lines I'd stop going.

Me too...but I suspect in that case he/she might not necessarily tell us!
    Also despite being one of @James ' lefties' , I can also accept not all Republicans are hawkish Nazi Trumpanzees in the way not all posh boys from Eton are closet racist, sexist, privileged, self-interested...oh hang on...

• With respect ,if you lot are seriously seeing this guy being a republican as a reason to be concerned , then we don't deserve investment . Truly unbelievable .

• @james If Jeremy Corbyn were to bid for the club, would his politics be irrelevant or something worth considering?

• @James said:
    With respect ,if you lot are seriously seeing this guy being a republican as a reason to be concerned , then we don't deserve investment . Truly unbelievable .

wtf are you on about? I've been back through the thread. You're getting all het up about two posters....two!!

And you're saying "you lot", and "you're 'all' a bunch of lefties"

I'm afraid you're coming across as a total idiot

• I hate that Mr Hilter and his Boncentration bamps. Calm down @James. snowflakes? :smiley: Before you anger type 'fake Gasroom' or 'Will of the British Wycombe people' Don't worry Bozzer will be king soon and all will be jolly top hole again...

• If he was a flag waving pro trumper with all they are in to at the moment i think we'd be right to question intent, ethics and intelect, although to rule a potential investor without any more detailed knowledge would be inhospitable if not foolish and I don't think anyone is actually suggesting that.

The point above about your average "high net worth individual" from the UK being Tory or Ukip means its a bit too easy to be throwing stones over the Atlantic.

Btw why is it somehow shocking, weak or snowflakey to show a bit of concern?

• @StrongestTeam said:

Btw why is it somehow shocking, weak or snowflakey to show a bit of concern?

Piers Morgan doesn't like it.

• Is it my preference he's a Republican? No.

Do I think it should be a deal breaker? Absolutely not.

If he's got the club's best interests at heart, I can live with disagreeing with him politically on many issues.

• Can we just stop this nonsense before it gets out of hand? Did anyone care or even ask about the political views held by previous owners of WWFC including the current Trust board? I will judge our potential new investor on his plans for the club, not his politics, so give the guy some respect for wanting to spend his money on a small club in ‘leafy Bucks’ and don’t dismiss him just because he doesn’t share your views.

• @OxfordBlue That is my position too.

• @glasshalffull literally no-one has suggested dismissing him because of his politics as far as I can see.

• @OxfordBlue said:
    Is it my preference he's a Republican? No.

Do I think it should be a deal breaker? Absolutely not.

If he's got the club's best interests at heart, I can live with disagreeing with him politically on many issues.

More or less most people's everyday life in a nutshell @OxfordBlue . I would expect anyone with enough cash to splash on us to be somewhat to the right of me...unless he owned Forest Green Rovers.

• @glasshalffull have any of the previous owners of WWFC been political candidates?

• I don’t see a great difference in holding a political opinion and being a political candidate. I have met people with extreme political views who would never stand for election. Anyway, let’s hear what the guy has to say about football, that’s all I’m interested in.

• edited July 2019

I'll ignore the usual straw man arguments by James who's doing a good job of providing an amusing stereotype.

There's a difference between holding an opinion and running for office based on them, and as someone else said previously, there's a difference between being a Republican and a flag waving Trump supporter, if he's the latter I'd be pretty vocal against any bid from him... I'm sure that would already have been brought up if that was the case so fingers crossed his bid is a good one.

• @glasshalffull said:
    Can we just stop this nonsense before it gets out of hand? Did anyone care or even ask about the political views held by previous owners of WWFC including the current Trust board? I will judge our potential new investor on his plans for the club, not his politics, so give the guy some respect for wanting to spend his money on a small club in ‘leafy Bucks’ and don’t dismiss him just because he doesn’t share your views.

"out of hand"?????

It's one person on a message board hardly anyone reads!!!!!

• @eric_plant The Gasroom is the Enemy of The People.

• @James and @glasshalffull really do need to get a grip on reality here. It's getting a bit cringey.

• The Republican party is such a broad church anyway, from people who think Trump can do no wrong, to people who are de facto Democrats.

• Anyone who uses the term snowflake unironically in 2019 is either a real gormless alt-right neckbeard type, or a troll. Best ignored.

• Don’t tell me I’ve got to declare my political views before I can buy a season ticket. Because based on some of the comments expressed here that’s the way it’s sounding.

• @yorkyblue You've got to declare your political views before you can buy a season ticket.