Skip to content

What is the worst performance you've ever seen from a Wanderers player?

Watching Sido Jombati's excellent performance for Plymouth, I was thinking about the worst solo performances by a Wycombe player that you've ever witnessed.

I'm not saying his was it, although he was pretty dire, I'm just wondering...

Comments

• I remember watching Andy Thomson fall over a lot once in the 2002/3 season.

• I didn't even notice that Hogan was on the pitch until the 54th minute - so can't say he was very good....Thought he'd come on as a second half sub.

• Anthony Jeffrey when he came on a sub last season at home was extremely poor.
    Agreed Jombati had a shocker.

• Jombati needn't get hounded tonight. He was poor but then so was JJ in the left ... Both have been excellent this season. But as we're going for it - Mick Nuttell put in some stinkers & George Athanathiou under MON was a fat Greek waiter in disguise. And not forgetting Carlos Lopez at Cambridge - I was there - it was comical.

• Richard 'Bomber' Harris had some games where the ball seemed to ricochet off him with alarming abandon.

• I recall Steve Dell failing numerous attempts to take a throw-in LIVE!!! on Sky vs Sheff Wed a good few seasons back.

• Pittman away at Oxford last year sticks in the mind from recent seasons.

• John Halls shudders

• JP Pittman when he came on at Oxford last season?

• Definitely Lopez.

• Pick one from several Trevor Aylott appearances.

• Lopez without a doubt, never seen anything like it before or since!

• @CambridgeBlue said:
    JP Pittman when he came on at Oxford last season?

Agreed - an absolute disgrace - just didn't want to be there. I do recalled that he apologised so I might let him off that one..

• Carlos Lopez at Cambridge United. He appeared to have turned up at the wrong venue as I think he was due to be playing some other form of sport that night.

• @FallenFlyer said:
    Richard 'Bomber' Harris had some games where the ball seemed to ricochet off him with alarming abandon.

Now South Bucks' premier UPS delivery driver. Still wears his WWFC training kit.

• @drcongo said:
    Pick one from several Trevor Aylott appearances.

I'm with you on that drcongo.

Simon Stapleton was terrible when we got into the football league. Once saw him scoop the ball over the bar while on the oppo goal line. Wycombe fans cheered when he pulled up with a hamstring injury in the FA Cup tie at Hitchin...Not that I would ever condone such behaviour of course!

Fola Onibuje is another that springs to mind. All arms and legs...No coordination!

• @kiscokid said:
    Now South Bucks' premier UPS delivery driver. Still wears his WWFC training kit.

Good on the lad. His brace v Notts County was one of my favourite WW moments - and no, I'm not being sarcastic.

• Lest we forget Bas Savage....also who was that young striker who made his debut at Loakes Park - ran his ass into the ground like a headless chicken and ended up in Wycombe General hospital????

• My second place would probably go to Duberry who played as though he had Toblerone shaped boots on.

Aylott was a class apart though. Thankfully, being in a high flying St Martin team it didn't really matter how bad he played as the rest of the team would do the job anyway, which gave the Wycombe fans the luxury of laughing at his efforts. Happy days.

• Luckily I never witnessed the Carlos Lopez cabaret night at Cambridge; the worst individual appearance I think I ever saw was Mark Foran back in the mid-90s, a home defeat to Bournemouth or someone, though every one of his handful of appearances for us was a masterclass in ineptitude.

• @drcongo said:
    My second place would probably go to Duberry who played as though he had Toblerone shaped boots on.

Aylott was a class apart though. Thankfully, being in a high flying St Martin team it didn't really matter how bad he played as the rest of the team would do the job anyway, which gave the Wycombe fans the luxury of laughing at his efforts. Happy days.

To be fair, Duberry saved his worst performance for Oxford, when he managed a hatrick - shame two of them went into his own net!

• @kiscokid said:
    Lest we forget Bas Savage....also who was that young striker who made his debut at Loakes Park - ran his ass into the ground like a headless chicken and ended up in Wycombe General hospital????

Richard Thompson wasn't it? Yeah that was quite something.

Hate to be unoriginal but I was also there that night at Cambridge Utd and saw the Carlos Lopez performance. That made Aylott, Foran, Savage, whoever else you like to mention look like Diego Maradona

• @kiscokid said:
    Lest we forget Bas Savage....also who was that young striker who made his debut at Loakes Park - ran his ass into the ground like a headless chicken and ended up in Wycombe General hospital????

Richard Thompson but that was at Adams Park.

• @kiscokid said:

He lives in Shirley. Last spotted in Marbella "promoting"

• oh, just remembered Richard Logan at home to Wimbledon in Waddock's last match

• Bruno Andrade's last game, where he chickened out of every challenge.

• @eric_plant said:
    oh, just remembered Richard Logan at home to Wimbledon in Waddock's last match

The whole team that played in the horrible display at Crewe in the FAC defeat in 2012/13. I have never seen such a dismal display and in particular Richard Logan. How the hell was he a professional player.

• What was so peculiar about Sido's and Jacobson's performance last night was how out of kilter is was with their season - Both have been so good getting the ball into the box, and it was like neither knew what the concept of a cross was.

I expect a little Portugese eccentricness from Jombati, but JJ is usually so solid.

Let me make it clear I have seen worse performances!

Woodman's in the Carling Cup on TV against Birmingham was truly dire.

• who was the goalkeeper on loan, I think only made one appearance at AP before being sent back somewhere in the Adams/Goreman era I think, made every mistake you could think of rushing out of the area, mis-kicking/handling think he was sub'd before end of game