Skip to content

Investment and Marlowchair

Seems that Both have gone quiet. Any news?

Comments

• Didn't Trevor Stroud give a brief update last week. I am sure I read something somewhere.

I still can't believe how someone managed to make people believe the poster @marlowchair ever knew anything. It was a performance worthy of Derek Acorah

• edited June 2019

Between Nice Carrots and Marlowchair we had a very interesting couple of posters.
    It was fairly clear that they knew "something" beyond the average gashroom jockey.

It was a little worrying where MC's info came from though, as it suggested someone close to the running of the club was leaking it.

The problem, was that a lot of their comments seemed to be outrageously soaked in personal bias and spin, so it was hard to get the full picture on the truth.

The former's identity was outed on here, so his angle made sense, but the latter gentleman was a mystery - no-one knows who he was, so no-one knows his motivations.

MC disappeared after being adamant that Gaz was off, and that he didn't "speculate".
    I guess after that you have nowhere to go.

• Perhaps @marlowchair is a local billionaire who manipulated the power and influence of the Gasroom to scupper the bid so he could go ahead and buy the club. I don't speculate though...this is all just made up just now.

• @Wendoverman , imagine if he was truly a billionaire, and a few disbelievers on here had seen him off.
    Maximum DOH!

• @Malone it is truly lucky for the world Gasroomers only use our great power for good

• @Wendoverman I like it best when someone on here thinks the opinions on here are the what the majority of Wycombe fans think.

When everyone knows that about 15 people dominate the gashroom - many of them holding 2 well known accounts.

• @Malone said:
    When everyone knows that about 15 people dominate the gashroom - many of them holding 2 well known accounts.

I’m yet to be convinced that many people go to the effort of maintaining multiple active accounts. Why would you bother?

• @Chris said:

@Malone said:

I’m yet to be convinced that many people go to the effort of maintaining multiple active accounts. Why would you bother?

Good question.
    But you'd have to ask them.

• I have fifteen accounts.

• You do know that 'accounts' aren't the same thing as 'packets of crisps', don't you @Wendoverman?

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    You do know that 'accounts' aren't the same thing as 'packets of crisps', don't you @Wendoverman?

I'm sure one of us does...

• @Chris said:

@Malone said:

I think it was more common on Gasroom 1.0, where you could post under a different username at the click of a button.

Didn't someone once create a spreadsheet and map all the IP addresses to see who was masquerading as who?

• If I eventually find out I have been interacting with just three different posters under eighty-four different accounts, I shall be rather miffed.

• Well I think my DID will compensate for those that do.

Much as he annoyed me I do miss @marlowchair. He did have a degree of insider knowledge that could and should have been really helpful to those of us an arms and motorways length away from the inner workings of the club.

But as @Malone so eloquently notes we only ever got that through the fog of his distaste for Trevor Stroud which made it really hard to make any sense of.

His oppo, @NiceCarrots only ever came across to me as a WUM.

Just for my sake, if someone does actually know Marlow, is he okay? Hiding for a while for his Richie-esque comment on GA is fine but I really hope he (and his wife) is fit and well.

• I really don't think @marlowchair ever had any insider knowledge and merely pieced together snippets from the internet and made up the rest with generic views. It was detailed enough to convince but vague enough to not really mean anything. Just watch a practiced medium or preacher on how to do it.

Anyone got any quotes from his posts that proved to be true. It would be fun to look back.

• I'm sure he mentioned a few things that were scoffed at, then proved to be true.
    He had quite the little following and people saying "we should have listened to him...."

Maybe one of them can fill in some examples of things he called?

• And that is exactly my point @Malone. A select few have pointed out a few times he got things right but never what things and when?

My guess is the poster who's stated this the most is most likey behind the user name @marlowchair

Now I do speculate

• @Right_in_the_Middle and @Malone seem to believe that the more they say the more people believe them. I have absolutely no idea why they boringly persist on slating both @NiceCarrots and @marlowchair on here about the same subject so regularly.

Clearly Mr Stroud has a conflict of interests over the sale of our football club. Clearly Mr Stroud and the board were prepared previously to sell to completely undesirable individuals, who they did no sound background checks on. So once again I personally thank both individuals for attempting their own due diligence on the matter.

• Agreed @Bacon_Sandwich
    Also this is the same Mr Stroud who didnt want to inform trust members that his board had put up the security of Adams Park against a loan with professional investors.
    We should be very grateful to Mr @NiceCarrots and Mr @marlowchair for unearthing what was going on in the background.
    With the present board again in talks with prospective investors, and by their past track record it's vital that we have some 'outside eyes' monitoring the history and potential motives of any consortium looking to purchase the Wanderers.

• @Bacon_Sandwich said:
    @Right_in_the_Middle and @Malone seem to believe that the more they say the more people believe them. I have absolutely no idea why they boringly persist on slating both @NiceCarrots and @marlowchair on here about the same subject so regularly.

Clearly Mr Stroud has a conflict of interests over the sale of our football club. Clearly Mr Stroud and the board were prepared previously to sell to completely undesirable individuals, who they did no sound background checks on. So once again I personally thank both individuals for attempting their own due diligence on the matter.

What evidence do you have to back up your comments:’clearly Mr Stroud has a conflict of interests over the sale of our football club’, and ‘clearly Mr Stroud and the board were prepared previously to sell to completely undesirable individuals who they did no sound background checks on’?
    So, you prefer to believe the word of two ‘clearly’ embittered individuals who post anonymously on an Internet forum rather than the democratically elected members of a Trust board drawn from the club’s own supporters? Interesting.

• It was neither @NiceCarrots or @marlowchair who unearthed the charge on the club from the 'guys'. It was another poster who's name escapes me. They just added layers of conjecture and options of opinion to it.

• @glasshalffull - In part, I think the "conflict of interests" issue is somewhat of a red herring. However Mr Stroud and the Trust Board have led us down a path of spending too much money and then compounding the situation by putting the ownership of Adams Park at risk by placing a charge on it for a loan we cannot realistically pay off within the 12 month contractual term.

Clearly in my view Mr Stroud is out of his depth in his role as Chairman of both entities. The fact that he was democratically elected is totally irrelevant in determining whether one has belief in what he says and his actions. Boris Trumpton is going to be our country's democratically elected leader very soon, but are you going to believe every word he says!

• @mooneyman was there an election for chairman of the Trust?

• @peterparrotface was there an election for Prime Minister?

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    And that is exactly my point @Malone. A select few have pointed out a few times he got things right but never what things and when?

My guess is the poster who's stated this the most is most likey behind the user name @marlowchair

Now I do speculate

A couple of believers have now shown up. So maybe they can point out the things that MC "broke" before it was common knowledge

• @Chris said:
    @peterparrotface was there an election for Prime Minister?

Not sure of the relevance? I was just interested if the position of the chairman of the trust was elected in any way, or how it was appointed?

• @Bacon_Sandwich said:
    @Right_in_the_Middle and @Malone seem to believe that the more they say the more people believe them. I have absolutely no idea why they boringly persist on slating both @NiceCarrots and @marlowchair on here about the same subject so regularly.

Myself and RITM actually differ on opinion on our two departed friends.
    I think MC especially did have insider knowledge, RITM doubts this.

My interest is how MC gained his knowledge, and why he was so certain Gareth was off - and why he's disappeared now that proved not to be the case.

Your comments on Mr Stroud may have a little bit of truth, but again, are mixed with some outrageous conjecture.

• Didn't they say a local businessman and ex player had a fantastic fully funded bid ready to go to revive the club and the academy and the power group were dismissing it as unsound?

• edited June 2019

@Wendoverman said:
    Didn't they say a local businessman and ex player had a fantastic fully funded bid ready to go to revive the club and the academy and the power group were dismissing it as unsound?

There were definitely a few bits and pieces that they revealed for sure.

Arguably depicted as a lot more solid an option than it proved to be.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    It was neither @NiceCarrots or @marlowchair who unearthed the charge on the club from the 'guys'. It was another poster who's name escapes me. They just added layers of conjecture and options of opinion to it.

First hinted at by @SamB here, some corroboration from @Uncle_T here, there was then a few pages of bickering over @DevC saying things like provably incorrect things like

The investors loan is secured against any current debts due to the football club excluding intercompany debt (I believe there are none)

and finally confirmed by @Twizz here

If anyone is interested to see them there are 4 charges registered against FALL, the latest by Luby & Collis dated 07/01/2019, https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07884604/charges.