Skip to content

Matt Ingram

Looks like Matt Ingram’s getting moved on by QPR after they signed another goalkeeper today.

A cut above Rocky if you ask me, as he showed in the Sunderland match last season.

Difficult one, we’re short on cash so having two first team keepers on the books is a bit of a luxury.

However, a good keeper, and I think Ingram is a good keeper at League One level, would make a real difference.

Comments

• Would be a total waste of money given the gaps in the squad and the financial position. Not saying I wouldn't want him to come back btw, him being at Sunderland was the icing on the cake.

• Would be a great signing but heard he is linking up with Richardson at Hull.

• More importantly, I imagine we are due a sell on fee if he is transferred and not out of contract.

• @Glenactico said:
    More importantly, I imagine we are due a sell on fee if he is transferred and not out of contract.

I can’t see Ingram commanding a large fee but every little helps.

• Sell on fees are usually paid on any net profit made by the selling club aren’t they?

QPR aren’t going to sell him for more than they paid for him so there’s not going to be a windfall.

• Yup, unlikely any profit to get a percentage from and a combination of his ambition and our finances means coming back here not likely any time soon. If he does end up a hull reserve you'd think we'd be in good position for a loan if needed at some point.

• Good point @StrongestTeam. Such a strong link with Mr. Richardson could pave a route back here on loan if needed?

• Ingram has moved to Hull, confirmed on social by the club.

• On a 3 year contract for an undisclosed fee, working with Barry Richardson again probably helped Ingram to decide to join Hull, whatever the amount there's still more money coming our way.

• Between him and Hause, is that now all our existing sell on fees exhausted now?

• O’Nien I guess.

• Yes - so recent I'd overlooked that one.

• Could be a big profit for Sunderland at some point. Soon would be good! But p l e a s e don’t be put off joining the 500 Club.

• rumours on twitter of 250k for Ingram

• Anyone know how much we shipped Ingram off for? Presumably one of these hidden fees.
    If any percentage was on the profit, can't be much of a bonus for us there.

• Anything is better than nothing though

• Didnt we get 450k for Ingram ? and isnt sell ons a percentage of any profit that QPR would have made ?

• @ChasHarps said:
    Didnt we get 450k for Ingram ? and isnt sell ons a percentage of any profit that QPR would have made ?

The fee was £477,000

• @ChasHarps said:
    Didnt we get 450k for Ingram ? and isnt sell ons a percentage of any profit that QPR would have made ?

Sell on fees don't have to be profit based but usually are. So yes, we may well have made nothing...

• We might owe a bit!

• We got close to half a million for Ingram?!

WOW!