Skip to content

Aaron Pierre

cant believe he has gone to the shrews?? gutted ! I know we could not afford him however surely he could of got a bigger and better club than them!!

Comments

• You know you gotta believe it.

• Well, the Shrews at this present time, are a bigger and better club, we have the lowest budget in league 1. Under Gareth's tenure we have been punching well above our weight. Onwards and upwards..

• They've been splashing some money about, as have Peterborough, add in the known bigger clubs and the top 6 or so could be miles away from the bottom half next season.

• @Will_i_ams said:
    Well, the Shrews at this present time, are a bigger and better club, we have the lowest budget in league 1. Under Gareth's tenure we have been punching well above our weight. Onwards and upwards..

I dont mean us , as evidentally we could not afford him however he could not easily played for a Peterborough or an Ipswich

• @Wanderers82 said:

@Will_i_ams said:
    Well, the Shrews at this present time, are a bigger and better club, we have the lowest budget in league 1. Under Gareth's tenure we have been punching well above our weight. Onwards and upwards..

I dont mean us , as evidentally we could not afford him however he could not easily played for a Peterborough or an Ipswich

Should the word "not" be replaced by the word "have" in the above?

If not, I really don't understand what you mean.
    It's strange enough to be talking about Peterboro and Ipswich, two league 1 clubs as if they're giants too.
    If it was Sunderland maybe.

• Unfortunately Pierre seems to be one of those many players who don't significantly progress after looking so good in their early career. Having a player alongside him like Stewart probably enhanced his performances for us.

• @mooneyman said:
    Unfortunately Pierre seems to be one of those many players who don't significantly progress after looking so good in their early career. Having a player alongside him like Stewart probably enhanced his performances for us.

His partnership with Mawson was absolutely telepathic having played together since youth level.

• edited June 2019

@mooneyman said:
    Unfortunately Pierre seems to be one of those many players who don't significantly progress after looking so good in their early career. Having a player alongside him like Stewart probably enhanced his performances for us.

Stewart? A player that he was better than and who tends to average 3months injured a season?

Mawson may be a fair comment.

• @Malone said:

@mooneyman said:

Stewart? A player that he was better than and who tends to average 3months injured a season?

Stewart and Pierre complimented each other. What Pierre lacked Stewart has more of and vice versa.

• @Malone said:

@mooneyman said:

Stewart has more technical ability than Pierre in my opinion, but I agree he is a bit of a "sick note" nowadays.

• Stewart is a really good player who has been unlucky with injuries...hopefully next term he will be back to his best.

• Stewart is great.

• I agree, he's a class act and but for injury and his sabbatical up at Crewe might be playing at a higher level than WW.

That's very much our gain.

Hopefully, Adam El-Abd has another strong season in him but I can see us moving to a Jombati/Stewart partnership as the new season goes on.

• Stewart is far better on the ball than Aaron Pierre

However Pierre is the quickest centre half we've ever had I reckon. And he's an absolute brute and also a real threat at set pieces

• Pierre v Creaser would have set the tectonic plates a trembling.

• edited June 2019

@TheatreOfChairs said:
    I agree, he's a class act and but for injury and his sabbatical up at Crewe might be playing at a higher level than WW.

That's very much our gain.

Hopefully, Adam El-Abd has another strong season in him but I can see us moving to a Jombati/Stewart partnership as the new season goes on.

First part for sure.
    But no one bar Crewe came in for him when he was out of contract. Now maybe they feared a "Big" tribunal fee, but most likely as a league 2 player of the time, it wouldn't have been too high, for any higher division teams.

It is a sign of how well thought of he is at Wycombe though, that he seemed not to get any real blowback for the whole sitting 6months out, refusing to sign on, and disappearing to Crewe period.
    Other players have taken stick for a lot less!

• Ill advised I reckon. Now older and wiser and a genuinely good guy.

• edited June 2019

• I think we did get money from Crewe for Stewart didn't we? We still held his registration and he was under 24 at the time. Wouldn't have been much, probably <20k, but better than a poke in the eye, as my mum would say.

• Or a pig in a poke as someone (goodness knows who) was wont to say. “Wont to say” always struck me as an odd expression.