Skip to content

Trust Membership

Why don’t we raise the Trust annual membership to £60 per person. If we have over a 1000 Trust members then that would be a very useful contribution. I appreciate the 500 club is now in place again but this proposed increase would generate an addition £50K plus per annum.

Comments

• edited June 2019

It would certainly reduce the number of legacy members entitled to vote on any future sale of the club.

• @Blue_since_1990 I see the point you're making, but I'd argue it is imperative that membership of the Trust (and the opportunity to subsequently become a legacy member) is affordable to all.

• Great sentiment @Jonny_King but I think we're going to have to dig deep if we want league football in Wycombe.

• Exactly @ValleyWanderer. £60 is after all just £5 per month. Less than the price of a pint in some bars around here.
    The proposal would also reach a broader base than the 500 club and may well suit members who cannot afford the £240. In my opinion it also means being a Trust member actually does mean you are contributing as well as getting a vote etc.

• Ok, you’ve convinced me, how do I join the trust?

• You simply need to have been a season ticket holder for the last 3 or maybe 4 seasons and then request to join via the Trust. Currently the cost is just £10 per annum.
    Is that right @AlanCecil?

• I don't think you need to hold a season ticket at all to join the trust.

• Incorrect Blue Since. I think your confused. Any body can be a trust member at anytime. It’s the Legacy where by 4 seasons ST are required

• It's still something a lot of people misunderstand, even this many years in.

• Trust membership is open to all fans. You can then become a Legacy Member (with increased voting rights) after reaching your fourth consecutive year of holding a season ticket and by maintaining your Trust membership

We have been looking at increasing the Trust subscription but for now it remains at the £10pa level with £5 pa for concessions.

http://www.wycombewandererstrust.com/trust-membership

• Nice healthy discount for the over 65's and such a different policy to match day and season ticket pricing.
    Would be interested in knowing the differing logic and wonder if a straight £10 for all adults might help the coffers.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Nice healthy discount for the over 65's and such a different policy to match day and season ticket pricing.
    Would be interested in knowing the differing logic and wonder if a straight £10 for all adults might help the coffers.

It would - and as subs are paid by standing order, any member can increase their own payment if they so wish.

• It must make sense to increase the subs to £60 per annum for all Trust members. The extra £50K or so would be welcome I am sure.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    It must make sense to increase the subs to £60 per annum for all Trust members. The extra £50K or so would be welcome I am sure.

Assuming people aren't put off by the increased fee, which inevitably some will be.

• As the over 65's all have money to burn their annual subs should be £100!

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    It must make sense to increase the subs to £60 per annum for all Trust members. The extra £50K or so would be welcome I am sure.

A good number of Trust members did start paying £10 (or more) a month (instead of per year) but did it through the Share Scheme in 2015. Those 5-year commitments will mostly run out in 2020 and we can then look at what level of subscription is considered appropriate.

• Thank you Alan.