Skip to content

Wycombe v Bolton August 3rd

Good start!

Comments

• 6 pointer for both sides in the 1st game !!!

• A 6 pointer, by definition, is for both sides young Richard

• And if each game is between two sides, all games are then 6 pointers.

• So if Bolton win, they will only be six points behind us!

• Just seen the league table we are bottom with no points,sack the manager

• @Mr67 I think you’ll find we’re 12 points ahead of Bolton. Give him a new contract

• We are also level with the leaders on goal difference, which is quite an achievement. 0 points off the top, 12 off the bottom.

• What happened about Bolton not fulfilling that fixture at the end of last season? Was there any punishment? There was talk at one stage of there being a further points deduction...

• @Shev said:
    We are also level with the leaders on goal difference, which is quite an achievement. 0 points off the top, 12 off the bottom.

....And the leaders also begin with a W, strange! (AFC I know).

• On the BBC site, Bolton are back to 0 points and in 4th place.

• Starting the season in administration is an automatic 12 point deduction isn't it? And i'd expect Bolton to lose at least three more for the cancelled game against Brentford last season.

• Bolton are one of only nine current League sides we've never played competitively, I believe.

• Sounds like a quiz to me @th100.

the other eight being: Arsenal, Crystal Palace, Everton, Manchester Utd, Newcastle Utd, Salford City...and two more. No idea!

• edited June 2019

Blackburn Rovers and Derby County. I think.

• Ipswich

• Derby County.

• All right apart from Palace - played them in the Southern League in 1905/06, as I'm sure everyone remembers...

• @th100 said:
    All right apart from Palace - played them in the Southern League in 1905/06, as I'm sure everyone remembers...

I expect @micra attended the game in his short trousers!

• Isn’t Ipswich one of them?

• @th100 said:
    All right apart from Palace - played them in the Southern League in 1905/06, as I'm sure everyone remembers...

It's not exactly BWK, but i am disappointed with myself...no idea how i forget Ipswich either.

• @mooneyman said:

@th100 said:

I expect @micra attended the game in his short trousers!

I was already in Plus Fours at the time.

• BFP reckons the Bolton game 'is likely to be a sell-out'.
    We'll see.

• They probably read flloyds extreme optimism on here!

• High 7000’s would be a great start. Think we had just under 9000 for another ‘big side’ that kicked off the campaign at Adams Park in Leeds United.

• @NewburyWanderer said:
    BFP reckons the Bolton game 'is likely to be a sell-out'.
    We'll see.

BFP are full of poorly researched information.

Don’t remember any first game of the season having a big gate. With vast swathes of South Bucks abroad on August 4th, I cant see a home gate of more than 4500. Thus a max of 7000 if they open up the old main stand to Bolton. Personally I think around 6000 is more realistic.

• Just taken a squint at the current Bolton squad. Currently they have an eight man squad including two goalkeepers and the only defender has just turned 18!

• I love the vast swathes of South Bucks abroad image !

• edited June 2019

5678 including 1441 from Bolton

oops wrong thread

• I am good mates with a few Bolton lads. They will sell out whatever allocation we give them trust me.