Skip to content

500 Club

13»

Comments

• Just thought it would have been better to dwell on the positive, that's all

I thought Gaz's response, as usual, was perfect

• I was trying to be positive and proactive but perhaps it didn’t come across that way to you. No hard feelings, we’re all trying to achieve the same thing.

• @eric_plant said:
    Forget the 500 club, I want to know where you can get 7.5 pints for 20 quid!

One of several advantages of living in (South) Yorkshire. The locals are too tight to pay southern prices

• @glasshalffull said:
    I was trying to be positive and proactive but perhaps it didn’t come across that way to you. No hard feelings, we’re all trying to achieve the same thing.

Like Eric, I read it as your criticism of the poor initial take up by supporters.

If you have read all the thread, you will note that I pointed out the fact that you could only currently donate by signing up to monthly standing order. I suspect that I am not the only supporter who would prefer to pay the whole sum up front, but at the moment you can't do this despite Alan Cecil's appreciated efforts to get it set up. The initial take up may therefore have been bigger.

• @mooneyman said:

@glasshalffull said:
    I was trying to be positive and proactive but perhaps it didn’t come across that way to you. No hard feelings, we’re all trying to achieve the same thing.

Like Eric, I read it as your criticism of the poor initial take up by supporters.

If you have read all the thread, you will note that I pointed out the fact that you could only currently donate by signing up to monthly standing order. I suspect that I am not the only supporter who would prefer to pay the whole sum up front, but at the moment you can't do this despite Alan Cecil's appreciated efforts to get it set up. The initial take up may therefore have been bigger.

If Worldpay cannot provide what we want by tomorrow, other payment arrangements will then be put in place so that those wanting to pay the £240 or another figure can do so, and so that you can go to the ball breakfast

• @eric_plant said:
    Perfectly reasonable stuff Dev, the 500 club is not going to be for everyone.

But you have to realise that in a debate about club finances you, who have contributed next to nothing financially for years, and a fan who year in year out spends hundreds, even thousands supporting the club and hours and hours travelling up and down the country to do so are not equal participants.

just want to come back on this. And then let the conversation get back to more important stuff.

In principle all opinions are valid. Its for each of us to decide whether to listen to others opinions but in principle my view is we should always listen. We don't have to agree.

Depending on the subject some opinions may be more informed than others. your opinion on say who should play or say matchday catering or saw stewarding etc is almost certainly going to be more informed than mine as you get to more matches than I do (I would very rarely offer an opinion on those as a result). Depending on your life expertise, it is likely that say Alan Parry's opinion on club finances is likely to be more informed than yours due to his history regardless of whether he watches ten games a season or fifty. A planning consultant for example view on planning matters is likely to be more informed than yours on planning matters even if he has never watched a game. So for me the weight you give to opinions depends on the subject matter and the individuals area knowledge.

Once opinions have been heard, it seems to me entirely appropriate that those who go to most games get to make the decisions/ get priority tickets etc not me. The eligibility for voting on major events seems to me about right although the 75% of all eligible voters threshold strikes me as barking mad. (75% of votes cast and/or 50% of all eligible seems far more sensible).

On summary then partial agreement I think. Anyway back to the point in hand.

• edited June 2019

DevC said > A planning consultant for example view on planning matters is likely to be more informed than yours on planning matters even if he has never watched a game.

I think we all accept that you are the font of all knowledge on planning matters Dev!

• edited June 2019

Back to the 500 club, I find it quite moving that on twitter a Bristol City fan has joined the 500 club due to his love of the way we do things...

though the cynic in me suggests he may just want a Bayo shirt.

We need to get the 500 Club on the BBC news, maybe we can tempt others in.

• @niebieski said:
    Back to the 500 club, I find it quite moving that on twitter a Bristol City fan has joined the 500 club due to his love of the way we do things...

though the cynic in me suggests he may just want a Bayo shirt.

We need to get the 500 Club on the BBC news, maybe we can tempt others in.

£250 is a pretty expensive way to obtain a signed Bayo shirt, and I'm sure the club can just check if a Daniel Fry has donated but I did have the same thought!

• @niebieski - Perhaps you've hit on a big money earner. Get 1000 people wanting signed Bayo shirts at £240 each and we probably get enough for 4 players wages.

• I think £250 probably deserves a £45 shirt that Bayo's scrawled on.

• @mooneyman said:
    @niebieski - Perhaps you've hit on a big money earner. Get 1000 people wanting signed Bayo shirts at £240 each and we probably get enough for 4 players wages.

Maybe a WWFC / Beast Mode crossover with proceeds split between the club and Bayo. If it wasn't for O'Neills, we could of gone for a BMO kit!

• Better still, get a fan to donate their shirt, to save even the price of that.

• One off payments can now be made - please see official club website or their Twitter or Facebook for details

• Just spotted that the single payment option is now available, so I've done it.

• I've finally done it as well. Thanks Alan.

• Our link which takes you to the £20 monthly payment option and/or the £240 single payment alternative is here http://www.wycombewandererstrust.com/2019/06/new-500-club-launched

• Will they ever build on @devc?