Skip to content

Comments

• The decision to a) get rid of Kevin Nolan and then b) appoint management nobody Harry Kewell must merit some sort of investigation. If they owe £250K in tax and pay-offs to three managers AND debts to Crawley and us things do not look good for them that that's for sure!

• Not fond of being the guys that if they pay us could end them as a club, but at the same time business is business. wonder how much they owe us for him and if it is even worth it.

• @CyprusSwan said:
    Not fond of being the guys that if they pay us could end them as a club, but at the same time business is business. wonder how much they owe us for him and if it is even worth it.

I suspect it will be a tax bill and three manager pay-offs that will be the downfall rather than a few grand in wages for CMS! Very sad even for someone from the red half of town...

• edited June 2019

So we'd continue to pay CMS and they then pay us for his wages?

Surely we'd have been smarter than that, and transferred the liability to them? Meaning if they then can't pay him directly, the PFA steps in, and their debt is via them, not with us out of pocket!?

• I've no idea what the deal was @Malone but I am assuming that it was wages we were owed...

• We could not legally transfer our obligations under CMS's contract to County. I think normally a loan fee is agreed which ideally you need to get up front.

• Depends on how much his wages were, and the months he was there, could be some money that we surely need. could be a new younger players wages for a year for example.

• We'll get the money eventually, the football creditors rules should see to that, County really are in the brown stuff though, what a mess they have got themselves in.

• You can’t just stop paying someone’s wages.

• @Malone said:

Surely we'd have been smarter than that,...

Hmmmm.

I do admire your faith in our Board!*

*comment intended for comic effect. Please don’t take seriously. I’m well aware that they try and do a good job. And sometimes manage it! (And no I shouldn’t have to signpost my attempts at humour but: a) I am bad at it & b) people are so keen to get upset/outraged about things these days)

• @StrongestTeam Hope you're right (I know nothing about this sort of thing). Tricky situation in that we don't want to increase the burden on County and yet at the same time we desperately need the money ourselves. Did we ever get the rest of the money Exeter City owed us for Sean Devine? Got a feeling we just had to wave goodbye to it in the end.

• Looking at the linked article, how can someone (Alex May) be anywhere near buying a football club, even if only as an advisor, who “was jailed for six years in 2014 for conning pensioners out of £3.5m”?

• @OakwoodExile He wasn't called Alex May when he got sentenced for his crimes, but has changed his name by deed poll since serving his sentence and a lot of people had not realised who he was until his cover was blown a few days ago.

• That’s considered a qualification to the FA.

• I assume he still has the pensioners money though!

• @Uncle_T I get that. But, reading the article, it appears that, although Nottingham Council have said they won’t talk to the consortium, the football club hasn’t

• @Chris said:
    You can’t just stop paying someone’s wages.

You can do anything if there's an agreement. And surely the agreement would have been County take over the wages for the loan spell.

• edited June 2019

I mean, you can’t.

• 'Notts confirmed they do owe money for Mackail-Smith.

"Wycombe will be paid in line with what's been agreed between the two clubs," the spokesman added.'

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/notts-county-say-not-owe-2979729