Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• And it’s Stephen McGinn celebrating as St Mirren survive a penalty shootout. I say survive, Dundee United missed all four penalties.

• Kortney Hause on for Villa- Mings off injured.

• Could really do with Villa signing him permo for a hefty wad now.

• Interesting career path there!

• I remember thinking he looked like a useful player when he was on loan, but he did not set the world on fire did he?

• He didn’t need to. That was a very good side that he was part of - ie the one which very nearly got us into League 1 all those years ago.

• Excellent player for us, and the photo of him being chaired off, is up there with Keith Searles boot kissing, and Andy Rammells snow diving.
    I've often wondered whether the club have thought of doing a nostalgic calendar ?

• We'd certainly have loved to have kept him I'm sure. Good at right back and centre mid. Loads of pace, and got about it.

• Chris Zebroski has been sleeping around and had his Twitter account taken over by his wife who is understandably not happy.

https://twitter.com/Chriszebroski

• Think account has been taken down? Can't think why.

• One of Taylor's gang of wronguns :)

• Buckingham United manager Sean Devine gives his thoughts for the coming season.

http://sportsshots.org.uk/?p=44055

Sports Shots is an excellent site, covering local sport down to a low level, in surprisingly good detail.

• Looks like Hause to Villa for £3m could well be tied up in the next few days. I wonder what that means for us...

• 3m? wasn't it going to be double that originally?

Not to knock it, but as one of a tiny set of sell ons out there (Ingram and O Nien the others maybe?), we need these clubs to maximise!

• For a 3M fee, you'd assume our cut is probably a minimum of 300k, which isn't to be sniffed at. Maybe as high as 900k?

• Certainly not to be sniffed at @OxfordBlue especially as I imagine most of the season ticket income will go to Bill and Jim. Hey ho.

• edited June 2019

It was the classic "undisclosed" fee to Wolves, so let's make up a modest 200k
    And sell on deals seem to more usually be one of those % of the profit type deals.

So call it 280k profit, 10% of that, and a tidy minimum figure, that goes a good haul into paying that loan back.

Just imagine if we did a quality negotiation job and got a higher percentage though?

It is still a disappointing fee, for a championship player joining an Aston Villa though!

• £28,000 wouldn’t make much of a dent @Malone.

• I think @malone is saying that 280K is the 10% of the profit we'd be receiving. We'll never find out of course, but anything would be helpful at this point!

• @Malone said:
    Just imagine if we did a quality negotiation job and got a higher percentage though?

That made me laugh

• Whoops. What @floyd said,

• @bookertease said:

@Malone said:

That made me laugh

Probably put a clause in that it's only 25% if he goes to a "Northern" team, with northern having to be 20miles past Stoke.

• Could be 400k original fee, £2.6m profit, 20% 520k to us. Would pay off the Americans. Could of course be massively less.

• edited June 2019

400k would have been a terrific fee up front. I just doubt we'd have been that skilled to get it in.
    But we have got better at the % jobs.

If our chuckle brothers marlow and lovely carrots hadn't long bottled it and disappeared, maybe they could have told us for certain.

• Steve Arnold has moved from Shrewsbury Town to Northampton Town for an undisclosed fee.

• Can I predict day before the season starts inside information will decry the Power Group's failure in securing any of the signings Gareth wanted, that he is ready to leave immediately and take Dobbo, and all of Baz's kit designs with him, that Trevor makes appointments to meet potential investors but when they turn up throws stones at them in the car-park until they scarper, that the Yanks have taken Bodger's costume hostage until they get their cash, the Hause transfer netted us only £15 in change because of a clause in the contract negotiated by a former Chief Executive who had lost his glasses on the day of the signing and that we have been blacklisted by all crisp suppliers.

• I just hope that our lot did a tidy job in the "Hause clause" (nice rhyme).

And not let them get away with the percentage only being off the upfront fee or something, meaning they can put the fee as 1penny, but 3m on him turning up at training once.

• Will de Havilland signs a two year deal with National League Dover Athletic.

http://www.doverathletic.com/news/where-theres-a-will/

• Kadeem Harris releases by Cardiff.