Skip to content

Crisps

Comments

• Kaiser Chiefs never defined a type of variety when asking what they wanted for tea.
    I'm quite happy with most but do seem to be favouring the BBQ popchip at the moment

• Phileas Fogg pastrami bagel chips. Presume the whole Phileas Fogg brand has long gone, or does it still exist in obscure corner shops across the land?

• @arnos_grove said:
    Frazzles are amazing but nothing tops the Mini Cheddar.

It’s the king and queen of snacks - I’ve no idea if it’s maize based, potato based, cheese based or a three way hybrid. Whatever, it’s awesome.

I wholeheartedly agree, but I'm worried that it may technically be a biscuit. I would hate to see misinformation spread on the Gasroom

• @eric_plant said:
    My favourites are squares though, all flavours.

I used to respect your views... Like eating a brown envelope.

• TBH I really like plain salted crisps. Some supermarket premium own brands are pretty good at these plain crisps. Mini Cheddars are superb but for flavour I still like Walkers Marmite crisps.

• Quavers are obviously the best crisp to add to a sandwich, egg mayo and quaver is the finest sandwich ever invented.

• Mmmm......not tried that??

• Worcester Sauce is shockingly difficult to find. I’d happily buy those in the Vere every Saturday.

Same goes for Oregano and Paprika flavour, which are also superb, but sadly I’ve never seen them for sale in the UK.

• @arnos_grove said:

@eric_plant said:
    My favourites are squares though, all flavours.

I used to respect your views... Like eating a brown envelope.

Square crisps 'till I die, I'm square crisps 'till I die......

• Cheesy doritos, then squares, then bugles

• Doritos are the MK Dons of the crisp world

• Walkers 'Extra Crunchy' salt & vinegar. A triumph.

• @eric_plant You should try them in a macaroni cheese sandwich.

• 43 comments and not yet a single mention for Sweet Chilli and Sour Cream Kettle Chips. The only American involvement we need at our club...

• Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup are my favourite in the Kettle Chips range.

No mentions yet of Walkers Baked Cheese & Onion crisps. Another fine addition.

Personally I would discount any Salt & Vinegar flavoured snack. One question. Why?

• I forgot Pringles... slip them inbetween squares and bugles for me

(Basically i like all crisps)

• Basically since you stopped having to add salt from the little blue bag (and I'm talking the first time around not the 2003 relaunch) all crisps have been on a slow downward spiral.
    My favoured late night snack has to be crackers and cheese.

• Crackers and cheese! That's more like it!

• Pom Bears! We forgot Pom Bears! (Also good in a sarnie, esp. egg mayo)

• Pickle Onion Monster Munch, they’re are the Ones.

• @TheDancingYak said:
    Pickle Onion Monster Munch, they’re are the Ones.

Utter classic.

• On a side note, my Arsenal supporting best mate said something to the effect of "I suppose it must be pretty quiet on the Wycombe front now the season is over."

My response: "The only active thread on the forum currently is about crisps."

• Back in the day, when dinosaurs roamed and I wore me Puma boots for the Sunday morning match, with a Marlboro & a hangover. Nothing beat a post match Guinness or three sat on a packet of Walkers salt & vinegar crunched in with a packet of KP peanuts. These days I have a more refined pallet that has a preference for Thai sweet Chilli or if I'm feeling "animal" a full tube of S & V Pringles though the old ticker starts to heave with the massive intake of salt that accompanies!

• These are the best crisps you can find!

*licks lips

• @Shev said:
    On a side note, my Arsenal supporting best mate said something to the effect of "I suppose it must be pretty quiet on the Wycombe front now the season is over."

My response: "The only active thread on the forum currently is about crisps."

I mean, we can talk about Wycombe at the same time... How about that Luke Cheese and O'Nien?

• Hula Hoops. One on each finger, and... go!

Of course, my fingers have grown a bit since - but they’re still my No.1.

• Salt and vinnecombe

• @micra said:
    Morrisons’ Steak, Ale and Caramelised Onion Ridge Cut (Hand Cooked??) in a League of their own.

Couldn’t agree more.

• Marvin McCoys