Skip to content

Bolton

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48199290

Looks like Bolton are going to be docked 12 points for next season (if they survive at all).

Although very unpleasant and a sad indictment of football as a whole, it potentially means the rest of League 1 will only be facing 3 relegation spots next season.

Comments

• edited May 2019

Luton had a 30 point deduction once, and still finished upper midtable, so don't write them off just yet.

But we have to take any advantage we can get, goodness knows we're fighting the odds as it is!

• Luton were relegated the season they had that 30 point deduction.

• No sympathy for Bolton...ever since they proposed stopping relegation from the Premier League...just as they happened to be fighting relegation from the Premier League

• @MindlessDrugHoover , blimey, my old man mind is completely losing it.

Of course they were. It was "if they hadn't" been docked, they'd have been upper midtable/bottom end play offs wasn't it!!

Doh!

• Bournemouth were also docked points that season (12?) and stayed up

• Yes @PrinceOfCrowell - Bournemouth and Rotherham were both on -17 to start that season, I think.

• He didn’t set the world on fire during his loan spell, but it seems harsh to dock him 12 points next season.

• @Chris said:
    He didn’t set the world on fire during his loan spell, but it seems harsh to dock him 12 points next season.

That's what comes from spending his money on wine, women and song.

• They could well start next season on -18 points. 12 + another 6 for failing to fulfil the Brentford fixture.

Worth keeping a close eye on what happens at Bury as well - they're back in the High Court tomorrow.

• Interesting. Bolton may end up needing to accumulate 70 odd points to escape. I would not wish their fate on anyone, but at least we can't be bottom for a while!

• Wow - that link is a shocker, and they are right that most of us probably think their players can cope with a delay to their wages for a while - forgetting the 100s of employees on normal person money!

• Awful stuff. Football really is broken. How can a sport generate so much overall revenue, and end up with second tier employees needing a food bank?