Skip to content

Permanent signings

Following Gareth’s quote that: “we are unlikely to be doing much business this summer in terms of the permanent signings.” - Just for fun, predict the date we make our first permanent signing this summer.

I’ll go for Friday 28th June.

Comments

• Wow that’s optimistic. I’m going for July 18th

• August 3rd.

• Who's the new manager?

• July 25th. Midfielder, 29, released by current L2 team after being out of favor this season. Really nice chap!

• Dave Tarpey, Jan 28th

• July 15th a couple of underwhelming players with a YouTube video of a single goal. Richie tells us they could not score with their arseholes and Trevor predicts we will go down....just as he predicted.

• August 4th . a 17 year old semi pro footballer on 100pw

• 25th July, hard working utility forward, 29, released by Premier league academy 12 years ago, scored four goals in Grays Athletic's thrilling run to the 3rd qualifying round of the 2017 FA Cup.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @bookertease I'm very rarely referred to as optimistic!

• @fame_46 said:
    Pre season injuries mean that @rmjlondon is moved from the club shop to playing staff. His first team debut will be cover for bayo at maidenhead whilst bayo is wrestling the rock at summer slam.

One of his ref mates will send him off for foul and abusive language after ten minutes!

• @glasshalfempty I may be the only one on here qualified to do so

• "You don't know what you're doing......"??

• Would any of Coventry's released list be realistic?

Burge and Grimmer would be excellent signing but I suspect they'll be picked up quickly by other league 1 teams.

• Deji Oshilaja released by Wimbledon. Always rated him, big, strong and versatile. Sunderland and Barnsley both said to be looking at him, but if that comes to nothing he could fall within our price range.

• I see we have until Monday 2nd September at 17:00 to register permanent/loan signings. It's going to be a long summer until we conclude our dealings at about 16:45 ...

• @Twizz said:
    I see we have until Monday 2nd September at 17:00 to register permanent/loan signings. It's going to be a long summer until we conclude our dealings at about 16:45 ...

At least that gives Millwall time to find no buyers, decide they want to keep Fred, let him sit on the subs bench for the first few games of the season, and then decide they need to loan him out.

• I see QPR have let Charlie Fox go.

Didn’t get much of a look in with El Abd, Sido and Stewart in front of him but looked solid in pre-season.

I’m sure they would be in front of him again but a fourth centre half that’s young (20), big (6ft plus) and left footed (and can play LB too) could be a useful addition.

He also did well against Northampton in the Checkatrade, less so against Oxford though when he was left exposed in a back three with virtually no protection from the two wing backs.

• Wycombe summer: MAY - JUNE here's a hundred players we should look at. What is Gareth playing at?
    JULY: Where the hell did Gareth find these losers..
    Never heard of them. We're going down...

• I'm struggling to see what the Gasroom is going to discuss over the summer, apart from speculate about signings. Rather than leave negative comments, why don't posters stay quiet, I'm a big fan of these threads.

• @Bacon_Sandwich said:
    I'm struggling to see what the Gasroom is going to discuss over the summer, apart from speculate about signings. Rather than leave negative comments, why don't posters stay quiet, I'm a big fan of these threads.

Brexit, Planning Regulations, season ticket discounts for the elderly and crisps are among the likely topics!

• You forgot power stations, forgotten 70s punk bands and that time we played Hemel, or not.

• I'm not knocking it @Bacon_Sandwich i must admit I find passionate arguments about the qualities of players available over the summer who we never buy and complaints about the poor quality players not good enough for this league we are left with more entertaining than cricket or tennis!

• Aug 4th......2026

• Stiff little fingers and Eddie and the Hot Rods are playing the waterside on the 25th May..

• Jordan Archer released by Millwall.

• That could be a game changer. Wouldn't mind to see him back

• would be an amazing signing but he is more likely to sign for Winchester than wycombe !!

• @Wanderers82 said:
    would be an amazing signing but he is more likely to sign for Winchester than wycombe !!

Ermm, no he isn't.

• erm...yes he is. we have. not got a pot to piss in