Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• @Malone said:
    How long has he been there? Unless you mean a nuisance to Salford?

I meant to!

No idea how long he’s been at Eastleigh but he just missed the decisive penalty do not a nuisance at all in the end.

• Lol, nice one Zeb!

• Aaron Pierre wins Northampton’s player of the season award.

• And is now the captain of the Grenada national team, apparently.

• Are people going to the Sergio screening/kickabout? Could be fun despite usual best efforts of weather and trains.

• I’ll be going. Hopefully a good turn out.

• I'll be there for the screening at 18:00.

• Nathan McGinley MOTM in tonight’s play-off between Tranmere and Forest Green.

• Lawrie Sanchez on Pointless Celebrities with Pat Nevin.

• Went out 2-1 in the semis.

• Could not make the Sergio was it good fun? Decent showing?

• Jordan Ibe scores

• Sean Devine new manager of Buckingham United.

• So no-one turned up for Sergio or are they still in A&E? Or sworn to secrecy.

• Luke O'Nien's solution to the 'put the ball under the jumping wall' problem...

• congratulations to Max Kretzschmar who won promotion back to the National League with Woking today.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Could not make the Sergio was it good fun? Decent showing?

Hi @Wendoverman, sorry it's taken me so long to reply but I've been out all day without my phone and only got back 20 mins ago. The Sergio evening was very nice indeed, the film/documentary is both interesting and surprisingly uplifting. Sergio was the gent he will always be and I thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing. Well done to Matt Cecil for organizing and it was lovely to see so many ex players and also Blooms turning up to support him. Get the DVD (£10) and I'm sure you'll agree.

• glad it went well.

• Former loanee Anthony Straker has signed for Havant and Waterlooville from Bath City, where he has been captaining the side.

• Luke O'Nien punched by a Portsmouth Supporter

• "just a bit of handbags".

• I watched it live on tv and Luke certainly made nothing of it and seemed to just walk away with his usual smile. It was the afters with his team mates and the fan(s) concerned that created the fuss. It was fairly easy to identify the thuggish Pompy fan at the center of it all. These 'big' clubs and their expectations!!

• Shrewsbury interested in Aaron Pierre

• @WestLondonWanderer said:
    Shrewsbury interested in Aaron Pierre

Oh no.

• Matt Harrold came on as a sub for Orient in the Trophy final today but Fylde came out on top 1-0 from a nicely curled free kick. Orient hit the post three times during the game. Impressive turnout from their fans. Must have been nearly 20,000 there in a total crowd of 41,000. Good to see them rid of their old owner and back in the league.

• Leyton Orient's defeat today means we are still the only club ever to have completed the non-league double...

• @floyd Oh son, I thought we’d taught you well!

• @floyd said:
    Leyton Orient's defeat today means we are still the only club ever to have completed the non-league double...

Meanwhile, I guess this technically correct, but ignores the fact the Vase is essentially the FA Amateur Cup in all but name...