Skip to content

Fred Thread

2»

Comments

• More likely someone from closer to home. Berkshire or Hampshire probably or the Iberian Peninsula.

• we have no chance of signing Fred, we have 375,000 wage budget for the season, I might be wrong but I believe Woking and Torquay had this in the Conference South last season.

• Assuming we have 22 players, that's around an average £15,000 per year per player. Do you honestly think we pay our players that much Richie!!!!

• Irony alert @rmjlondon.

• I think @rmjlondon has cottoned on to a reference GA made in his last interview (with Matt Cecil) to a quarter of something. It certainly wasn’t a reference to last season’s total budget. I was puzzled myself.

• I was hoping for The first wake up and smell the coffee of the closed season from @Wanderers82 and then it just deteriorated into pig puns. Where's we're going down Trev when you need him?

• In a way it's a shame I'm going to.be away for a lot of the non-football summer period - or Trevor and Richie's Happy Time as it has become - looking forward to getting back and seeing which unknowns and journeyman we've signed for the next doomed campaign!

• That’s a very long vacation (or set of vacations) @Wendoverman. You will be a big miss (no quips on the unintended double entendre, please!)

• Who you calling a big miss? Combination of les vacances and work commitments @micra. (I will of course be keeping an eye on the gasroom when time allows.)

• Either GA is trying to kid everybody he has 0 pennies or its correct and the budget is now a quarter of what it was last season.

@micra said:
    I think @rmjlondon has cottoned on to a reference GA made in his last interview (with Matt Cecil) to a quarter of something. It certainly wasn’t a reference to last season’s total budget. I was puzzled myself.

• So, sadly folks, it is now incontrovertibly established that we are penniless, impecunious or impoverished. Somewhere on that scale.

• @Wendoverman Hats off for the title of this thread! I wouldn't be surprised if Fred does return to AP for a third spell.

• Nor would I, even if his wages represent 20% of the budget set by @rmjlondon.
    If he does return, can we christen him Thread?

• GA actually said that he needs to replace the departed players with a quarter of what they were earning combined. Still not ideal, but not as bad as the overall budget being a quarter.

• If only we had a chairman or benefactor capable of funding some kind of youth system for the benefit of the club.

• @Lloyd2084 , exactly, but maybe not the Harman proposal that didn't seem to explain how it'd benefit us?

• @Shev said:
    GA actually said that he needs to replace the departed players with a quarter of what they were earning combined. Still not ideal, but not as bad as the overall budget being a quarter.

This makes me excited rather than nervous. It means we'll be relying on exciting young Premier League loanees who will be funded by their parent clubs in return for getting blooded in, and young released players with a point to prove, rather than ageing professionals like Darius Charles trading on a couple of good seasons years before to justify large pay cheques. If I don't read a single description of a player signed as 'proven at league one level' this summer I'll be a happy man (other than Fred of course - we should break open the piggy bank for him).

• Or the 500 club

• As Fred still has a year on his contract, the transfer fee negotiated by Millwall and his agent may be a bigger stumbling block than Fred’s/his agent’s wage demands but I agree that it would make sense to invest, within reason, whatever it takes, in a player whose (who’s?) spiritual home would appear to be Adams Park. Mind you, I said the same about PCH. Who’d be a manager/chairman.

• Fred's wages are 6,000 pounds per week. he didn't return in January because of this so can't that changing.

• see

• If you say so @rmjlondon. Sounds like madness for Millwall to be paying £300,000 pa to a player who only played 8 minutes (plus added time, of course) last season. But that’s football, eh?

• More worrying is @rmjlondon having access to any sort of financial information. It could possibly be that someone who likes playing football might take a cut to be playing regularly somewhere where he was liked and in the shop window. It's possible.

• @micra said:
    If you say so @rmjlondon. Sounds like madness for Millwall to be paying £300,000 pa to a player who only played 8 minutes (plus added time, of course) last season. But that’s football, eh?

Richie may well be actually UNDERESTIMATING Fred's wages if you can believe the attached.

https://sillyseason.com/salary/millwall-players-salaries-126816/

• I know he put backs up with a high contract demand at some point.

• @mooneyman I’m not sure I trust that website any more than @rmjlondon.

Fixtures Millwall? The Championship is determined after the end of 46 gameweeks.

• I accept that Chris, but I think we can agree their wage budget is a tad higher than ours.

It was reported in a number of places that two years ago their wage budget was £9.4m and after they got promoted to the Championship, I suspect it would have risen significantly.

They also have an owner worth £175m.

• I think its disgraceful that the board have not found us an owner worth £175 million to make a bid that we could reject. Perhaps they should find out who notts county were talking to?