Skip to content

Fred Thread

Someone who claims to know someone who knows someone in the know at Millwall just said 'I hear Fred is going back to you lot...'
Not in the Neil Harris plan going forward it seems.
Could be billhooks of course, but that would be nice if they can find enough pennies in the sofa cushions

Comments

• https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/exclusive-fred-onyedinma-set-for-millwall-exit-and-tom-elliott-could-also-leave-this-summer/

That would tie in with the news coming out of Millwall, fingers crossed we have some pennies to make this happen however I’d happily take him on loan!

• It's all just spin until Richie confirms he's on his way.

• “Fred has got a value for this club.”

Well I think that alone is enough to suggest he won’t be coming here (unless it is on loan but I think they want rid).

But I’m waiting for Richie or Marlow to confirm one way or another

• I wonder why he plays well for GA but obviously not well enough for Harris? Is he one of GA's mates?

• It seems a strange situation at Millwall. I know there is a massive step up from L1 to the Championship, but Millwall are/were a struggling club at the second level, and at the time Fred was with us, he was playing well for a top ten L1 team - surely not so much of a chasm between the two?

Some of the comments from the manager seem a bit passive-aggressive too. He knows more than I do about Fred's time at Millwall, but he certainly seems to be saying that Fred did not give 100% effort.

• It's bizarre when they say we don't want him, but we want money for him, undermines your chances of getting shot surely? People will just wait until it looks like you'll still have him on your wage bill if you don't take a hit...

• @Wendoverman said:
    It's bizarre when they say we don't want him, but we want money for him, undermines your chances of getting shot surely? People will just wait until it looks like you'll still have him on your wage bill if you don't take a hit...

Basically implying he's lazy won't help them get a fee, strange tactics

• edited May 2019

Quite frankly I don't get how Millwall's treatment has done them or Fred any good whatsoever if their aim is to get as good a price as possible for Fred.
    Putting him in the shop window on loan at Wycombe is surely better than one single 8 minute cameo from the bench for them if that was their aim.

• @Shev there "may" not have been a huge difference between our peak loanee filled team that took us to 9th or so, and Millwall's bottom end form period, but you're overlooking that Millwall aren't playing teams as crap as us In the championship ever week!

• edited May 2019

Good point @Malone!

• Were Millwall asking for a fee for him in January, or does this suggest we simply tried to get him back on loan?

• there is zero chance of him coming , he could get more working on the checkout at Tesco's,

• He could have guaranteed access to crisps that way too.

• @Wanderers82 said:
    there is zero chance of him coming , he could get more working on the checkout at Tesco's,

Negative Nancy here with another blistering insight from the very centre of commercial football.

• @OxfordBlue said:

@Wanderers82 said:
    there is zero chance of him coming , he could get more working on the checkout at Tesco's,

Negative Nancy here with another blistering insight from the very centre of commercial football.

you can live on cloud cuckoo land if you wish ....if we released 6 players and of the 6 GA wanted to keep 3 , do you think we have a chance st Fred ?? we are broke with big thanks to the boar

• @Jonny_King said:
    Were Millwall asking for a fee for him in January, or does this suggest we simply tried to get him back on loan?

Not sure but apparently was all agreed pending Millwall getting someone else in and that fell through late on. *Read that in a high quality fanzine somewhere.

Seems odd for Ainsworth and co to think a player is right for gamesmanship wycomised us and someone else to think his attitude stinks. Either they work really hard at Millwall, He can't be arsed to train all week when its been made clear he won't play at the end of it, or people see things very differently.

• Most of their fans echo the thoughts of Harris in that he is lazy and doesn’t give his all for the team. That said, fans will generally only see what happens on the pitch and so I’m guessing many are just trusting the views of Harris and his back room team. I would love to see Fred back and I genuinely believe he will be a Wycombe player come the start of the season.

• @Gary they must do. They’ll have only seen him for 8 minutes this season!

Trouble is once a player develops a reputation with fans it can be hard to change. We have our own equivalent in some ways with Paris who several on here have slated in the past for “not looking interested” enough.

And people, not just footballers, will generally put in that little bit more effort if they like and respect their manager and knows that feeling is reciprocated.

• @Wanderers82 said:
    you can live on cloud cuckoo land if you wish ....if we released 6 players and of the 6 GA wanted to keep 3 , do you think we have a chance st Fred ?? we are broke with big thanks to the boar

Sound the Gasroom Pun Early Warning Siren!

• @bookertease said:
    @Gary they must do. They’ll have only seen him for 8 minutes this season!

Trouble is once a player develops a reputation with fans it can be hard to change. We have our own equivalent in some ways with Paris who several on here have slated in the past for “not looking interested” enough.

And people, not just footballers, will generally put in that little bit more effort if they like and respect their manager and knows that feeling is reciprocated.

Absolutely, plus I think have to be a certain type to survive at Millwall.

It will really speak volumes about what we have at our club if he does sign. It’ll be the second successive season where we would have ‘pulled one out of the bag’ so to speak, with Jase signing last season. Reminds me of how close we were to signing Mawson. Oh how things would be different here financially had we pulled that one off.

• @Wanderers82 said:

@OxfordBlue said:

@Wanderers82 said:

That's a real pig of an accusation

• A wild one.

• A ham-fisted attempt.

• We can rely on Gareth to bring the bacon home!

• Who is this boar we have to thank? A loin player perhaps? (With apologies to @Malone.)

• Broke? I hope that’s a porkie pie and the piggy bank has enough left for at least one crackling player.

• I wonder if trotta is available

• What a load of hogwash.

• We'll be rooting about in the left overs trough trying to sign someone from Tamworth or Gloucester.

• edited May 2019

@Twizz said:
    We'll be rooting about in the left overs trough trying to sign someone from Tamworth or Gloucester.

Or someone pot-bellied from Vietnam.