Skip to content

WWFC Fund Raising

2»

Comments

• @micra Haha, my iPhone thinks it knows better than me too. Sadly most of time it does.

• OK ,you could just put money in to the club, but with the 500 club it was for the player fund which I would rather do.

• As @Malone says you can choose to donate to the club if you so wish to. Set up a small (or large if you are in the retired demographic!) standing order and the club will happily use it to stockpile crisps.

Seriously (unusually for me) it is very simple to do if you consider the cause worthy enough (and can forego a few pints a month - or one or two at Wycombe prices)

• Perhaps we should go for charitable status (we surely can’t be far off from the TS/GA statements) and we can get tax relief on our contributions

• The club tweeted the following yesterday:

"The club and @wwtrust have been overwhelmed by the eagerness of many supporters to contribute to the playing budget, following this week’s news.

Members of the Trust board met last night to discuss fundraising opportunities and hope to finalise details in the near future."

• That's good to hear, thank you Shev.

• This is becoming a joke. Surely there needs to be some urgency to this, but seems to me someone’s hanging out for or seems to think an investor is coming along quickly. So isn’t in a rush to launch a 500 club, but even if something were coming along why not just launch the 500 as it’s going to benefit the club.

• I agree @TrueBlu, however, the moaners would be in top form if we started a 500 Club then got an investor in. Personally, I'd be happy with both and anyway, an investor might always be a 49% with less financial input initially so the fans input would be helpful.

• Perhaps someone outside the Trust Board could organise the 500 club if they are too busy or not interested!

• I’ve heard all supporters groups let Trev to discuss different fund raising avenues, so The balls now in his court.

• @TrueBlu , if you have some massive wad you want to put in, I am absolutely certain the club would lap it up.
    You don't need to wait for some official scheme to be underway.

• That's maybe the point though. I doubt any of us have any 'massive wad' to speak of (steady @Wendoverman!) but an official scheme would allow everyone to contribute a modest amount to achieve a larger total. A properly run fundraising scheme from the club is far more likely to get interest/donations from fans than just a vague open-ended 'send us a few quid if you like'. I don't want to be unduly critical of the Trust, but if thibgs really are this tight, I don't see why they're not pressing ahead with a new 500 Club, which would cost little time/effort but could be quite financially rewarding. On one hand we're being told we're skint, yet that urgency for funds isn't necessarily being translated down from the board when we drag our feet over such a no-brainer decision to bring in some easy cash.

• There may of course be good reasons why no official announcement has been made about progress in the search for outside investment and I understand why the club might be reluctant to set in train 500 Club Mark 3 or some alternative fund raising scheme at a time (well, let us hope) when discussions with “interested parties” are still progressing but I suppose we just have to be patient both about that situation and the situation regarding offers of contracts to those three key players.

Not too much punctuation there @bookertease. [Hope I got the right person!]

• Punctuation is over-rated @micra

Or, more accurately. I’m just lazy when it comes to it.