Skip to content

Warburton offically announced as new QPR manager

Feel for Ainsworth, if indeed he did want the job right now, but glad we still have him.

Comments

• QPR do tend to cycle through managers, so I can't imagine we'll have to wait long before he's back at the top of the bookies odds again.

• As I've said before both club and fans will want a couple more 'proven at this level' before they have wasted enough cash to take a punt on 'fan favourite' Gaz.

• A mistake on their part I feel. Gareth would have been absolutely perfect for them at the current time.

Their loss is our gain.

• @TheatreOfChairs you are right of course...and an indication of how blinkered and cautious football owners are. The same old faces on the same old merry go round. Having said that...all hail the blinkered and cautious!

• Could be out by the end of pre-season

• @marlowchair

What happened?

• Mark is hardly the same old face, he has a very good record apart from a slightly sketchy spell at Notts Forest !!

• Actually, @rmjlondon I have it on good authority that he has the same old face and has had for some years.

• The point was - and there was one - that there is always a list of sacked or resting managers likely to be picked for the job by nervous owners ahead of a lower league left-field option however well said long-haired maverick might be doing. But then, richie, you don't think Gareth has ever done well do ye?

• They'll be hoping he's the best thing since sliced bread and suitable for the roll.

Wonder how much dough he's on?

• @eric_plant said:
    They'll be hoping he's the best thing since sliced bread and suitable for the roll.

While we’re hoping for a few crumbs off the table

• Everyone has to earn a crust, but I hope Ainsworth gets his chance there one day. It's the yeast he deserves.

• Hope he doesn't try to sign Bloomers or Sourdough

• A Mbappe would be nice though!

• @Malone said:
    @marlowchair

What happened?

he seems to have done a disappearing act in the last couple of days. Wonder why that might be

• @Guppys_Left_Leg said:

@Malone said:
    @marlowchair

What happened?

he seems to have done a disappearing act in the last couple of days. Wonder why that might be

Maybe he is on holiday? It does happen at this time of year you know, particularly with the retired as breaks abroad are cheaper?

• @eric_plant said:
    They'll be hoping he's the best thing since sliced bread and suitable for the roll.

Yeast mode?

• A few bad results and he'll be toast...

• @Guppys_Left_Leg said:

@Malone said:
    @marlowchair

What happened?

He’s got a cob on

• Load of old waffle.

• @braywanderer said:

@Guppys_Left_Leg said:

@Malone said:
    @marlowchair

What happened?

He’s got a cob on

He'll turn up in a couple of weeks, with news of how his inside knowledge was correct, and "something changed".
    I'd bet my internet forum fame on it.

• @Malone said:

@braywanderer said:

@Guppys_Left_Leg said:

@Malone said:
    @marlowchair

What happened?

He’s got a cob on

He'll turn up in a couple of weeks, with news of how his inside knowledge was correct, and "something changed".

You’ve got to take pitta on him

• @braywanderer said:

@Malone said:

@braywanderer said:

@Guppys_Left_Leg said:

@Malone said:
    @marlowchair

What happened?

He’s got a cob on

You’ve got to take pitta on him

I’m sorry I have naan

• Maybe he kneads a big hug

• edited May 2019

This thread is becoming a real pain.

• Aaah le pain! Right.
    It’s not just me, I’m sure, but I did start to wonder if Mark Warburton is @marlowchair.

• How would that work @micra?

He comes on here making loads of "Gaz to QPR" is definite noises, to hype the odds down for himself? While he and his family make a huge wad on the odds?

Marlow chair is the tall blonde bloke I saw in cohoots with Nice Carrots before a game.
    I'm sure of it.

• Gotcha.

• It was the way @Malone that you interspersed the run of puns about Warburton with your comment relating to @marlowchair.

• Everyone knows Mark Warbuton is @QPRtillidieaslongasidiewithinthreemonths