Skip to content

gareth ainsworth

Comments

• The food and beverage offerings continue to be poor though, despite the good Doctor having plenty of time to rectify this.

• Let's get Saturday postings over and see where we are.

• Congratulations to my fave forum staying in league 1 for another season. It's been a pleasure ladies and gentlemen.

• I second that @Alexo - I doff my cap to all the Gasroom.

• Looking forward to the upcoming transfer speculation! Maybe we will finally see the "return of ruth" ????

• We go again!

• We go again again, surely.

• Still don't like late kick offs.....

• Warburton currently 1/3 odds-on favourite for QPR job; Ainsworth out to 5/1.

• edited May 2019

Wow

So @marlowchair, when you said you don't "speculate", presumably Ainsworth is off to someone else then, as you were certain he was off, but I don't think mentioned QPR?

• It is a shame we will have to wait for the playoffs to be over to start a Gareth to West Brom? thread.

On a serious note, as of right now I can't think of any other Championship or big L1 clubs that look likely to change manager and would be a good fit. Gareth may be staying after all!

• This is great news

• I'm with you there @eric_plant!

• @Shev said:
    It is a shame we will have to wait for the playoffs to be over to start a Gareth to West Brom? thread.

On a serious note, as of right now I can't think of any other Championship or big L1 clubs that look likely to change manager and would be a good fit. Gareth may be staying after all!

Millwall?

• Plymouth? ...... massive club and all that.

• @mooneyman said:

@Shev said:
    It is a shame we will have to wait for the playoffs to be over to start a Gareth to West Brom? thread.

Millwall?

Interesting shout, @mooneyman - but Neil Harris is the 8th longest serving manager of the 92 currently, at 4 years, 55 days, so Millwall (quite unexpectedly to me) appear to be one of the few clubs with a modicum of loyalty.

• Though I am really happy for Wycombe if GA stays, I can't help but feel for him, if he is continually getting passed over for re-treads or snazzy continental managers. He is evidently still not getting the recognition he deserves, though it works for us!

• If this happens it'll be like getting promoted and staying up all over again...

• Think I’m with @Shev on this.

Of course like everyone I would love GA to be manager for long into the future.

But GA is not a machine, he is a human being with dreams and ambitions and emotions. It would appear he very much wanted this job and his amazing efforts at WWFC for me meant he deserved the opportunity. He must be absolutely gutted to seemingly come so close but yet have his dream snatched away. I feel desperately sad for him which to be honest trumps my relief that he may yet be our manager in August.

I believe he is due to meet the chairman this week to establish budgets for next season. If the cuts need to be as severe as I fear they may be, GA may have a very difficult decision to make.

• Here he goes again. You’ve got to admire his persistence.

• Of course there is the alternative possibility that GA turned down QPR to stay at WWFC. In which case that would obviously be fantastic news. Perhaps we will know more tomorrow.

• On one level of course he'll be disappointed, but he must appreciate that in an industry with no job security his job is as safe as it can be. and QPR are never more than six months away from needing a new manager.

• He needn’t worry. It will come round again soon.

Meanwhile, where’s @marlowchair hiding? I was relying on his insider knowledge (ok so he didn’t say QPR but who else could it have been?)

• edited May 2019

Surely this is down to Trevor Stroud making a deal with the devil at the crossroads like Robert Johnson........eh @marlowchair ?

Unless you can convince me otherwise

• If the new budget is reduced, as we must frankly expect, then my concern is that GA might not manage another miracle and that would only damage his reputation. It would be desperately unfair on him. We need a miracle investor with scruples now!

• @Shev said:
    Though I am really happy for Wycombe if GA stays, I can't help but feel for him, if he is continually getting passed over for re-treads or snazzy continental managers. He is evidently still not getting the recognition he deserves, though it works for us

All getting a bit tired isn’t it @Shev the board really need to get a grip and roll with GA so we can all have a Goodyear

• @NorsQuarters - anytime I get four puns for the price of one, it is a thumbs up from me!

• Excellent one @NorsQuarters and I hope the Caymans are warm. I think the Board should tread carefully and keep a low profile until the pressure is off. Good luck with your own job search.

• @marlowchair doesn't speculate remember.

So obviously something changed after his very certain declaration.