Skip to content

Plymouth Argyle

13»

Comments

• @DevC genuinely couldnt give a shit sunshine

• As if you had anything to do with torquay. Please leave our culture alone

• Did someone get into bed on the wrong side?

• No sympathy for Argyle. Am I right in saying their keeper threw the ball out but was still on his feet? Alex Lynch was lying in the goalmouth when they attacked, fortunately Ruben Reid did what he's always done best and scooped it into the first row of seats. Not condoning what Scunny did and they got their own slice of karma, but Argyle have well and truly reaped what they sowed and frankly we're all having a good old chuckle about it.

• Plymouth's tweet confirming their relegation has provoked over 500 replies. Seems like Derek and his merry men made a lot of friends over the years, not just Wycombe fans.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Plymouth's tweet confirming their relegation has provoked over 500 replies. Seems like Derek and his merry men made a lot of friends over the years, not just Wycombe fans.

You say tweet, I see it more now as a fine artwork to be protected and celebrated.

• Given how they reacted to our ‘game management’ I would imagine their fans aren’t exactly happy with Scunthorpe’s gamesmanship at the moment. Could be interesting fixtures next year.

Pleased it didn’t matter in the end though (and genuinely pleased for Southend’s fans).

Was such a pity Derek Adams wasn’t still there for it though. He may have spontaneously combusted

• If Bolton Wanderers were to get wound up this summer (due in court again this week, I think) or if the same were to happen to Bury (due in court again later this month) would Plymouth be reprieved? I don't know what the rules are on that.

• The fact they were probably too good to go down makes it sweeter somehow!

• @StrongestTeam said:

@MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Plymouth's tweet confirming their relegation has provoked over 500 replies. Seems like Derek and his merry men made a lot of friends over the years, not just Wycombe fans.

You say tweet, I see it more now as a fine artwork to be protected and celebrated.

Someone suggested having it made into a t-shirt.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:

I did chuckle reading a link to their forum, where they referred to Gaz as both
    "Ainsworthless" (genius!) , and "Anusworth" (doesn't work nearly as well)

I'm amazed the FB drone army weren't all over these a while back, in the style of Alldrop.

• @Uncle_T said:
    If Bolton Wanderers were to get wound up this summer (due in court again this week, I think) or if the same were to happen to Bury (due in court again later this month) would Plymouth be reprieved? I don't know what the rules are on that.

My guess is every final relegated would be reprieved in the case of Bolton, and with Bury it might have to be a second L1 reprieve, as the L2 playoffs would already have taken place, so they could not redo them with Mansfield already promoted and Colchester included.

• @Shev unless they'd just promote the League Two play-off runners-up? Obviously hopefully it doesn't come to that.

• Good point, @th100. I agree in hoping it does not come to it. I have no feelings about Bolton and Bury as clubs, but would feel awful (and fear even more for the future of football) if either club goes to the wall.

• @DevC sorry for the insulting language. Enjoy the summer

• You too @LX1. I guess that wasn’t the real you talking.

• Whoops! Doublemisunderstanding,LX1. Thought it was an apology to all of us Milton Keynes bound Gasroomers for promising to pleasure us one by one. Not even the right thread.

• No worries @LX1 . You have a good summer too.

• I confess to being a bit disappointed. It promised to spice up the season no end.