Skip to content

gareth ainsworth

Comments

• @eric_plant said:

@DevC said:
    It would be an interesting dynamic if Gareth, missing out on the QPR job, left anyway and ended up at Plymouth whereas we seeking a new manager decided Derek was best man for the job.

Lacklustre at best

Even you realise this one's run its course Dev

It’s been a long hard season for old timers like Dev, clearly running on empty whilst playing through pain. Guess he can’t wait for the season to end, still, to his credit, not on one of those glorious Devon beaches yet.

• @Malone said:

@perfidious_albion said:
    so all tees up for the return of Garry Waddock then!

And look forward to a summer of signing crap players from a league or 2 below and wonder why we're massively struggling

Agreed! Irony doesn’t really work on here does it.

• @perfidious_albion said:

@eric_plant said:

@DevC said:
    It would be an interesting dynamic if Gareth, missing out on the QPR job, left anyway and ended up at Plymouth whereas we seeking a new manager decided Derek was best man for the job.

Lacklustre at best

Even you realise this one's run its course Dev

It’s been a long hard season for old timers like Dev, clearly running on empty whilst playing through pain. Guess he can’t wait for the season to end, still, to his credit, not on one of those glorious Devon beaches yet.

Yes, for the Gasroom as a whole, the season has been a little streaky. We had a couple of good runs, but there was that horrible sequence where the threads kept getting derailed at the last minute. It looks like we will live to fight another day, but with some of the forums coming down from the Championship, we may need to raise our game, and come up with some better quality subject matter in the season ahead.

• Yes, hopefully there's the prospect of attracting a few higher quality loanees, but the fear is that we'll get a few journeymen from the fb group

• We'll never get anywhere if our only tactic is to lump bad puns into the penalty area every thread.

• That’s s little unfair @MindlessDrugHoover. Our Plan B of Tika Taka grammatical correctness may not be effective but it is a delight to watch

• If Plan A (puns) fails, we can fall back on Plan B (punctuation).

• What about Plan C (spelling).

• Plan C is only available from Window 3 on Thursdays if there are cheese and onion crisps in the tea bars.

• Look, we are a tiny forum that consistently overachieves on a shoestring budget and relies on football fortune (angry Plymouth fans) to bump up the membership numbers.

• Nicely put @OnOurWay.

• Having said that though, we do have a well experienced quality posting cast, who surely aren't here posting for nothing.

• Agreed. People say our average age is too old, but some of our star contributors are the veterans, like @micra.

• edited May 2019

He can probably do another year on here, but we might have to come up with a plan B

• If Wycombe re-sign Aaron Amadi-Holloway we could get all his family back.

• I think I can manage another year @Malone but @drcongo will have to accept that I may not be able to start as many threads and will have to revert to cameo roles at a late stage in proceedings as I did a few years ago on a different forum before having a new lease of life on the Gasroom.

• @Micra, as long as we don't try to shoehorn you into a different role up front, due to your previous high capacity for game changing threads. But realise you're a bit gone, so have to ship you off to a lesser forum at the same level, make a few posts, and then basically turn up at a much much lesser forum, before disappearing completely.

• I do fear though, that after Stirling work, our leader Dr congo may be heading on to bigger and better things? He has lead this forum on a shoestring and has all of our admiration. I for one would not stand in the way of him moving to head a championship forum. I personally would like to see shev step up. I believe he has been working on his forum qualifications for a few years now. I'd like to see a true blue in charge. There are good forum leaders out there, but I'd like to see someone with experience and love for our forum given a go.
    I feel he understands the need to bring in new fresh followers, hungery to contribute, and cut free the underperformers such as richie..... in shev we trust!!!

• Thank you for the kind words, @Alexo, but I am actually a Johnny-Come-Lately to these parts (I think I joined March 2017). I also lack the technical and tactical savvy of a @drcongo. I really need to just work on my badges and focus on finishing up my posting career first, so it might be a bit too soon for the likes of me.

• Well shev, that maybe, but you do always seem to portray the general feeling of the whole forum with your posts. I appreciate your honesty though, and respect your decision. Who would you put forward as our leader if our beloved Dr congo is poached?

• I think maybe we should first wait to confirm that @drcongo really is going to leave to head up the QPR forum, and if that does come to pass, perhaps check out the free agent moderators who used to run the Shrewsbury and Southend forums?

• You have a good head on your shoulders shev, I like and get your thinking.... let's wait and see. Speculation of our new forum leader is pointless until we know more.

• There is a moderator on the FB forum with a Scottish surname who may well apply to succeed Dr Congo if he does move on (and I have my doubts) but he appears to be linguistically challenged and is also given to using what broadcasters euphemistically describe as “strong language” (usually “from the start”). He may be cheap but I would advise against inviting him for interview.

• People need to wake up and smell the coffee. We’re a non league forum posting well above our weight and without serious outside investment we’ll be back there soon.

• I enjoy the posts on here from August to January but then inexplicably this forum turns to shit......

• Marred by a low chair perhaps?

• Didn't like it when we gave half the Gasroom to Sunderland

• We need to sort out our transfer strategy as well. Our loan signing from Luton has been poor.

• edited May 2019

The loanee from Watford seems to regularly suffer from verbal diarrhoea and most of what he posts is bollocks.

• It’s my second spell with the gasroom club and although I’ve had dressing room disputes with some team mates, I enjoy the competitive environment. Could have gone to the FB page on a Bosman but much prefer being here.