Skip to content

gareth ainsworth

Comments

• Worth remembering that Gaz is contracted until 2023. Surely that would command a reasonable compensation figure?

• because Wycombe always get a good deal.

• edited May 2019

It'll have a clause tied to appearances for England.

• I think Ainsworth will still be at Wycombe next season. I hope he will too.

I do speculate as I haven't any inside knowledge or pretend to. I don't read anything in to Ainsworth press quotes as he rarely gives anything away.

It still annoys me that the original poster didn't use the correct capital letters to address one of the clubs great managers.

Think that covers it for now

• @Right_in_the_Middle That is annoying!

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    It still annoys me that the original poster didn't use the correct capital letters to address one of the clubs great managers.

Agreed, pretty lazy and poor.

• Not as annoying as missing a possessive apostrophe in "club's"

• Be kind @MindlessDrugHoover , he's probably on a mobile phone, and it's an arse typing those on there.
    Probably.

• edited May 2019

"But I'm defs staying at Wycombe, and am already talking to some exciting players to join next year's relegation battle"

Is that in there?

• Not exactly. More like "I can't wait to start at QPR next week" but said in the vaguest and nicest way possible.

• I hate to see him go, but he has more or less taken us to a high water mark (though top ten would have been achievable). If you "complete your mission", I can imagine how sticking around - with the risk of relegation hanging over your career - would become much less appealing.

QPR and GA may be the perfect fit for each other. There is all this talk about GA having no Championship experience, but most of the "experienced" managers touted only have experience with money to spend. The attributes GA brings - working on a budget, motivating players, and developing talent - would appear perfect for the situation there, if they give him time. That "if" should be the size of a mountain, obviously, as this is QPR, the fastest trigger in the west (of London).

I am sure he would love to be back coaching Eze too!

• And Dobbo, Dominic, Jason, Bayo, Matt, Sido and most importantly Richie are coming with me. The respective Chairmen have agreed total compo in the sum of £100 plus ten boxes of crisps. My new club has also generously agreed to bring it's youth team to Adams Park for a pre season friendly.

• The quote of "Everyone knows I have a big affinity for that club. It is great for me to be linked and I would like to get Saturday out the way first and we will see what comes next week." suggests things are happening in the background.

• Have to say it chaps, but reading those quotes in the BFP article suggests to me that current odds of Evens in some place are very, very generous. He clearly wants the job, and wants the job now. I for one hope to see him succeed.

• Beano's comments also suggest it will happen

• I've been told Matt Ingram wants to come back to us next season, so perhaps that's part of the deal of Ainsworth going the other way...I wish him the best of luck!
    Perhaps he'll do a John Coleman or Eddie Howe - leave, struggle and come back.

• It would seem strange for both GA and Bean to make those kind of comments, without there being fire behind the smoke.

• so all tees up for the return of Garry Waddock then!

• I hear Derek Adams may be available.

• @PBo said:
    I hear Derek Adams may be available.

And Tony Adams I hear. Could be the ultimate dream team!

• It would be an interesting dynamic if Gareth, missing out on the QPR job, left anyway and ended up at Plymouth whereas we seeking a new manager decided Derek was best man for the job.

• @DevC said:
    It would be an interesting dynamic if Gareth, missing out on the QPR job, left anyway and ended up at Plymouth whereas we seeking a new manager decided Derek was best man for the job.

Why do you keep stirring this nonsense up?

• @perfidious_albion said:
    so all tees up for the return of Garry Waddock then!

And look forward to a summer of signing crap players from a league or 2 below and wonder why we're massively struggling

• @Shev said:
    It would seem strange for both GA and Bean to make those kind of comments, without there being fire behind the smoke.

Alternatively, if there is truth in the London Football News press report that said QPR have not talked to Ainsworth, it could be a none too subtle "come and get me" plea, intended to kindle a fire that has not yet been lit.

• @mooneyman said:

@PBo said:

Adams and Adams at Adams Park - that will sell tickets!

• The Adams Family.....

• @DevC said:
    It would be an interesting dynamic if Gareth, missing out on the QPR job, left anyway and ended up at Plymouth whereas we seeking a new manager decided Derek was best man for the job.

Lacklustre at best

Even you realise this one's run its course Dev

• @Shev said:

@mooneyman said:

@PBo said:

Adams and Adams at Adams Park - that will sell tickets!

Which one of them is Uncle Fester?

• Nearly as good as Wolfie Wolf at Wolfsburg