Skip to content

Plymouth Argyle

Comments

• edited April 2019
  • On @marlowchair’s recommendation I managed to in on GA to QPR at 16-1. Now down to 10-3 I see.

Insider trading. Can’t beat it

• I still think they will waste money on a manager 'proven at this level' again.

• @th100 said:

Some of the bites this is getting ?

If you scroll far enough down you can see the comments twitter have hidden due to being apparently offensive in nature:

"Don't celebrate that you baby dicks"

• You mean he’s going to someone other than QPR? Nice one. Just need to scour the odds of the other possibilities and see who fits. Will get some cracking odds

• @th100 said:

Some of the bites this is getting ?

Has been a good read haha!

• I wouldn’t be indiscreet enough to name names, but one well known former League One manager described Wycombe as a ‘pub team’ after his side had lost against us at Adams Park.

• Anyone else sad Adams has gone and we will no longer get to look forward to his post match rantings.
    Hope he gets back in to League One soon. Obviously not with us

• Personally, I'm glad he's gone. Anyone who can rile GA to the degree he did must be a truly odious creature. I'm led to believe that he also had a similar effect to Chris Powell, another gent of a manager whom outwardly, has always displayed good grace regardless of results. I don't doubt he has got under the skin of a few EFL managers, so doubt he will be asking too many associates for a reference?
    Nothing too much against PAFC as a club, bearing in mind all clubs have a few bad eggs among their support. Now that horrible individual has gone, I wish them well for the future.

• @glasshalffull said:
    I wouldn’t be indiscreet enough to name names, but one well known former League One manager described Wycombe as a ‘pub team’ after his side had lost against us at Adams Park.

Would they have been of the "excessive use of sun-bed" variety?

• @EwanHoosaami ever since that playoff victory against them, they've largely been a bit of an odious fanbase in general towards us.

As well as being a right out post a huge distance away, their fans and Adams means I'd love to see them go down.

• @Malone I think their fans were fine after the play off win, and generally complimentary about our performance at Home Park. It was the game down there the next season which led to the animosity. We scored in the 3rd minute and then time wasted for the remaining 87, winning 1-0. Plymouth fans joined the many others who “know what we are”.

• Take an early lead then park the bus with Bazza in goal? Crime scene...

Deadly Derek has, on separate occasions, made incorrect allegations of illegal activity (one time questioning the legitimacy of our GPS trackers, another time measuring the pitch) instead of working out how the hell to beat us. Plymouth are their own worst enemies.

• @Doob said:
    @Malone I think their fans were fine after the play off win, and generally complimentary about our performance at Home Park. It was the game down there the next season which led to the animosity. We scored in the 3rd minute and then time wasted for the remaining 87, winning 1-0. Plymouth fans joined the many others who “know what we are”.

Would that be the game where we had a rookie goalkeeper stretchered off, booed as he left the field,
    and replaced by a 48 year old who hadn’t played for years? What would you have done in those circumstances, go on all out attack just to please the home fans?

• Too much winning.

• I suspect with the last league game fixtures being as they are, we will be seeing the Green Army again. Southend have to equal PAFC result or better and the Shrimpers have Sunderland, whilst the Pilgrims have Scunny at home. Mind if the Black Cats lose tonight v Fleetwood, then autos would be out of the equation and they may field a weakened side Saturday?

• Scunthorpe will be bang up for that game. Not sure Plymouth are going to survive.

• Derek Adams is a weapon of the highest grade and it's been a joy watching the Plymouth fans gradually lose their green-tinted specs and realise quite how much of a thunderc*nt he is.

• Oh, and for what it's worth, I'm all for them going down.

• Hopefully Plymouth will be playing their tippy tappy Barcelonaesque football at Morecambe, Crawley and Grimsby next season to show how far their deluded fans have fallen, next up The Conference i hope!

• I would prefer Southend to stay up...and even without Delightful Del would be glad to see argyle take the drop.

• If Walsall and Scunthorpe both win, is it not Southend and Plymouth who both go down?

• @Brownie said:
    Oh, and for what it's worth, I'm all for them going down.

One squillion percent

• @railwaysteve Not necessarily - there are options involving Southend winning and Wimbledon losing which also need to be factored in.

• Just found this on the Plymouth forum from a year ago. At least they're close to getting their wish now. https://pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=103504

• Saturday will be a very interesting day is so many respects.

• Thanks @th100 I was starting to feel ambivalent about them after Adams left but now I won’t be sorry to see them go

• Thought I’d take the opportunity to see if Plymouth could match those memorable scenes at Torquay a few years ago. For a time they did - winning their game the supporters were desperately trying to find out scores elsewhere, loudest cheer of the day when Sunderland scored but in the end it all went flat.

The singular worst act of sportsmanship I have ever seen on a football pitch. Midway through second half Plymouth keeper picked up a nasty injury, singled to the ref and threw the ball to the touch line. While all around him stood still, a scunny forward raced over, kept it in and curled it over the stricken keeper. That was bad enough but while the keeper was treated, the Scunny manager had a good five minutes to realise that just isn’t right and do a Leeds. But he didn’t much to the embarrassment of Scunny chairman and bizarrely Ian Botham in the row in front. Don’t think this interim manager will be getting the permanent job. A little bit of me thought it was karma for the Alex Lynch incident but really was an utter disgrace.

So at final whistle both teams were relegated (not sure I have seen that before)

To be honest Argyle looked far too good to be relegated but I understand there were some major issues behind the scenes at the end of Dereks reign.

• Thanks for the report, @DevC. I am glad the relegation was down to Southend winning in the end. There is much to dislike about Plymouth, but they should be relegated on merit, not poor sportsmanship.

• edited May 2019

Thanks a lot for the report, @DevC. There's a certain irony in seeing a Plymouth keeper seek to stop the game for an apparently mild injury - he seemed to be walking OK - while ahead, isn't there. Nonetheless, I quite agree with your assessment. And a heck of a finish for their winner!