Skip to content

Beamback arranged at Adams Park for Wimbledon fixture.

2»

Comments

• I understand that it took a significant background effort by the GM and eventually required the Met Police to write to the FA warning of concern that fans may travel without a ticket, in order to get permission for the beam-back at 3pm on a Saturday. I have no knowledge of the costs but I would guess that it is several hundred pounds which as a fan owned club we naturally should try to recover as best we can. Anything over 120 fans should cover it. I have no inside information regarding crisps!

• Oh flip. I meant to add in my earlier post “bring own crisps”. Only joking GM.

• From previous understanding I believe the initial set up to do this is a 4 figure some, so not much money is made on the first game. But now gives us the opportunity to do it again at little cost

• Should be a bit more comfortable than the thimble sized away end.

• It's nearly as crowded as this terrace. Not the same atmosphere though, I'd wager

• Was it even in the area?

• 163 Chairboys in there according to Twitter.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Should be a bit more comfortable than the thimble sized away end.

It makes the Luton away feel like a sensational experience with acres of space

How can they build a terrace so shallow, when there's dugouts and beams in the way?

You don't have a chance of even seeing the corner area, or whether the ball is out of play. It's a surprise on leaving seeing there's quite a large area between the line and the fence too!

• @Malone Don't forget it's really only a non-league ground (belonged to Kingstonian), and actually better than a lot a grounds we used to go to pre-1993. Adequate for crowds of, say, less than a thousand, but totally unfit for the sort of crowds AFCW get. Still, we might find ourselves rocking up at the new Plough Lane in a couple of years.

• @Malone said:

@StrongestTeam said:

How can they build a terrace so shallow, when there's dugouts and beams in the way?

You don't have a chance of even seeing the corner area, or whether the ball is out of play. It's a surprise on leaving seeing there's quite a large area between the line and the fence too!

Its down the side by the half way line that it gets awful, you should really get a minimum standard comparable with the home fans , the price certainly is. Efl are useless but we should really be given the end behind the goal.

• Tru dat.

I expect the view was better in all the other stands.
    It's just sooo crap a view in ours.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@Malone said:

@StrongestTeam said:

Its down the side by the half way line that it gets awful, you should really get a minimum standard comparable with the home fans , the price certainly is. Efl are useless but we should really be given the end behind the goal.

They'd have to create a new route to that far end round the back of the current route. There's space, it looks a right wreck yard behind our terrace.
    But then you'd have to either lose the seats, all 70 or so of them, or have our fans separated.

I can see why they'd not bother changing it. Away fans experiences are never top of any club's priorities.

• Being of average height I chose to sit in one of the few seats allocated to us; view was very good provided you stood up when the home fans did. Despite supposedly being sold out there was three rows of mostly empty seats behind me.