Skip to content

NEVER allow prized assets like stadium be used for security on debt

edited April 2019 in Not Football

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/april/a-message-from-the-chairman/

The actions by our board late last year were wrong, against the spirit of everything our trust and ownership has been built on, and hugely reckless.

Poll not found

Comments

• With the greatest respect @marlowchair , could you not hold off your shit-stirring at least until relegation has been avoided.

Thereafter any objective answer to your "poll" would need a rudimentary understanding of how the cash gap occurred and what alternatives there were if any to the funding option adopted to close it. As far as I know none of us have that information.

• I have every confidence that Mr Stroud would never do anything so stupid!!

Incidentally, shouldn't this be in the football category otherwise a lot of members won't see it?

• Why oh why oh why ?
      Once again timing is appalling.

• Would it be fair to say you quite often post an attack on the current board on a Friday afternoon before a big game @marlowchair ? I think we should ask why when gauging the meaning behind the post.

Would it also be fair to say you never post anything about the team or the matches we play. In fact you have posted on this attacks during matches.

Big game tomorrow so I'll stick to that thanks. Ainsworth says staying up would be a bigger achievement than going up last season. Not a picture you seem that bothered about considering.

• I thought this was perhaps the most interesting and relevant quote from their chairman and it has a familiar ring:
      ‘I do not look at social media, but I’m advised there have been countless ill-truths, accusations, and alleged leaks from staff as the basis of these. As most of these are from the same disturbed few, I give them no credibility as I would advise you not to. Genuine fans do not drill holes in their own boat, based not on facts, but speculation.’

• edited April 2019

@marlowchair , are you pals with @NiceCarrots out of interests?

Did I see you with your gorgeous blonde mane, next to said Mr Carrots smoking (him, not you), outside the family stand on Monday?

• Could you please add a third option reading something along the lines of

"I don't know. I have no knowledge of the relevant law or of the facts of the matter and, in any event, no inclination to make a remote judgement of people who, unlike me, have voluntarily committed large amounts of their time in recent years to the running of the club"?

Thank you.

• @glasshalffull said:
      I thought this was perhaps the most interesting and relevant quote from their chairman and it has a familiar ring:
      ‘I do not look at social media, but I’m advised there have been countless ill-truths, accusations, and alleged leaks from staff as the basis of these. As most of these are from the same disturbed few, I give them no credibility as I would advise you not to. Genuine fans do not drill holes in their own boat, based not on facts, but speculation.’

I formed the same view.

• Have a day off

• Are the Power Group shape-shifting aliens who control all the finances of the world?

YES
      NO

• @marlowchair thanks for the share. I found it interesting....... saying that I don’t have links to the current board.

• @Wendoverman said:
      Are the Power Group shape-shifting aliens who control all the finances of the world?

YES
      NO

No, the Illuminati control the finances. Dan Brown said so and he’s written a lot of words for a lot of cash so he must be right. Wonder if he fancies owning a football club?

• The Article is relevant to our plight and was published now so I posted about it now.

I don’t know much about coaching or football players so tend not to discuss it. I enjoy watching it. I do know about our club and enjoy it very much.

Thanks for your input.

One aspect of tomorrow and next week I will take great interest in and are very much about it watching Gareth Ainsworth in his final two games in the technical area.

• Keen supporter of New England Patriots I'm afraid @Manboobs.

• The article is interesting and thanks for posting it @marlowchair. The addition of the poll adds nothing to the debate and (again) detracts from anything sensible you are trying to say.

• @mooneyman said:
      Keen supporter of New England Patriots I'm afraid @Manboobs.

Christ on a Crutch. What’s wrong with the man? I’d forgive him the books if he bled Silver n Black but now he is dead to me.

• GA’s final two games in the technical area @marlowchair ? What’s that all about?
      Speculation and insinuation?

• I do agree with most of the things you come up with Marlowchair... but i also agree with others here that the timing, a day before a big match isnt ideal to bring this up.

Also... who on earth voted no !!! Is Trevor a secret gasroom poster ???

• @micra said:
      GA’s final two games in the technical area @marlowchair ? What’s that all about?
      Speculation and insinuation?

Richie type prediction based on probability rather than fact.

• I must say, I expect him to take the QPR job over the summer

I should add that I have no inside info, just a hunch

• @eric_plant said:
      I must say, I expect him to take the QPR job over the summer

Ive also wondered that Eric, might explain why they are taking a while to appoint someone, whether they are just waiting until the end of the season

• Probably time to start speculating on potential successors then. Hard to imagine anyone capable of achieving anything remotely close to all that GA has achieved.

• How about a Bloomfield-Bean double team?

• @eric_plant said:
      I must say, I expect him to take the QPR job over the summer

Compensation to pay off the yanks!

• How many players are gareth's mates at QPR? Given he is tactically naive that could be an issue?

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
      How about a Bloomfield-Bean double team?

Worth a try - at least they understand the culture!

• The drilling holes in your own boat thing is spot on. If Ainsworth is on his way there are valid reasons why the board might want to keep it quiet,but then someone laughed at your joke of a survey and all must be revealed.

• Ainsworth's future will be a good test of Marlow chair there, as he seems certain. As he always does.

Maybe Bayo will be manager, as Gaz has already talked about keeping him here!

• Think Bloomfield will take over after Gaz.