Skip to content

Match day thread: Walsall

Comments

• So you are the drummer after all? I must say I’m shocked by this revelation.

• @Chris said:
    So you are the drummer after all? I must say I’m shocked by this revelation.

What that meant to mean

• I don’t care if most people ‘hate you’, you make a very valuable contribution to the atmosphere at Adams Park and long may you continue to do so.

• @glasshalffull said:
    I don’t care if most people ‘hate you’, you make a very valuable contribution to the atmosphere at Adams Park and long may you continue to do so.

Thanks buddy let’s make sure we stay up let’s all get behind the team we nearly there we have done amazing this season let continue this amazing season and let’s finish it of in style up the Wycombe
    Blue army

• @uptheblues you’ve previously claimed not to be the drummer.

Personally I like the drumming.

• @uptheblues, you are without doubt a very valuable part of our "12th Man", thank you. COYB!

• Nice to chat over a beer post match @Shev , great to be singing to the beat of the drum to the end @uptheblues . Still a bit hoarse and wish more people would join in more often to keep the atmosphere vibrant. Will be meeting @bluntphil after the Fleetwood match if any fellow Gasroomers would like to join, always a pleasure

• @NorsQuarters, thank you I will try and join you. @bluntphil might have some London Marathon stories as well!

• What Doors song did the teams run out to?

• Love me two times

• Drummers are alright - unless they're in your bloody ear, then it's dreadful.

I can't believe anyone actually hates our drummer -nice lad, about as harmless as it gets.

• @NorsQuarters said:
    Nice to chat over a beer post match @Shev , great to be singing to the beat of the drum to the end @uptheblues . Still a bit hoarse and wish more people would join in more often to keep the atmosphere vibrant. Will be meeting @bluntphil after the Fleetwood match if any fellow Gasroomers would like to join, always a pleasure

I'd be delighted to join you. Where were you planning to meet?

• Gareth said he does not want to depend on others to stay up...so hopefully the boys will be on fire...although I've predicted a 0 - 0...goals for Bayo and Journeyman Gape would be nice.

• @prufrock_91 said:
    Ah, sorry for the confusion, @micra et al. - I'm referring to the budget of the squad/ what we've paid for players.

We've not got anything like the budget of other League 1 teams, possibly not even most League 2 teams, we haven't paid for a player in ages, have arguably a worse squad than a year ago, yet are still battling with the best in this league. That is all down to Ainsworth's masterwork.

I agree with you in that respect.

Are we a bottom half L2/Conference club?

No.

Do we have the budget of a bottom half L2/Conference club?

Probably.

That is down to being diddled by Sharky, a few very poor financial decisions (Philips sell on clause etc.) and potentially some poor financial management under the Trust if the rumours are substantiated.

In that respect, is Ainsworth overperforming?

Absolutely.

If we weren't massively in debt, and operating inefficiently, we'd be a competitive League One club IMO.

• @Sherrinford said:
    Love me two times

What a massive step forward for the club.

• @NorsQuarters said:
    Nice to chat over a beer post match @Shev , great to be singing to the beat of the drum to the end @uptheblues . Still a bit hoarse and wish more people would join in more often to keep the atmosphere vibrant. Will be meeting @bluntphil after the Fleetwood match if any fellow Gasroomers would like to join, always a pleasure

I would love to buddy drop me message on twitter then will sort something I love drumming for this club we are going in the right direction come on Wycombe and come on you blues fans

• I like the drumming...but, to be fair, only from my seat in the Beechdean! :wink::smile:

• @HCblue We met Shev in 5he Caledonian by the Trust table and ale bar, seems like a good place unless someone is in early enough to get a table. I for one will not be in until the players have left the pitch and the crowd dispersed! Was great post Walsall to just be there sining until the last

• Righto. Guilty secret: have never been into the bar at WWFC at a game. But be glad to countenance the idea for the sake of meeting Gasroomers. Let's discuss before the game next week. Perhaps we could aim for a mass gathering...

• I’m hoping very much to be there. @ValleyWanderer knows me and I briefly made the acquaintance of @HCblue a couple of seasons ago. I’ve also had a couple of brief but interesting chats with @bluntphil. Will be good to meet @NorsQuarters and, (perhaps?) my favourite poster (who always makes me smile). No prizes for guessing. Would also be good to meet @Malone.

Anyone else expecting to be there?

• I hope we will be entertained by @NorsQuarters sinning again.

• Gluttony? Pride?

• What with @uptheblues drumming, @NorsQuarters sinning and @HCblue saying Mass it could be quite a scene!

• @Chris said:
    @uptheblues you’ve previously claimed not to be the drummer.

Personally I like the drumming.

@uptheblues even went so far as to refer to "that drummer" as "such a legend" indeed. Most peculiar.

I, too, appreciate the drumming. The atmosphere was decent on Monday, the football just about good enough!

• The drumming is one of two reasons I have reduced my away game attendance. Nothing against the drummer but I think the noise of the drum could easily be replaced with that of singing and chanting.

• That sounds like absolute bullshit to me.

• What's the other reason?

• @peterparrotface said:
    What's the other reason?

???

• @YorkExile , I dare say he just wanted to remain anonymous.

On another note, I saw who I believe to be Nice Carrots having a cheeky fag outside the ground on Monday, in thick conspiracy with another , almost Viking looking chap.
    I wonder if he's the mysterious Chairman guy.

• @micra , I'll be at both of our last two games, but I dare say nowhere near any bars.
    After all, I quote a great man - "Wycombe fans are vermin".

With the exception of yourself, and obviously most of the 15 people who run this site,