Skip to content

Match day thread: Rochdale

13»

Comments

• Why everyone takes the bait and lets him hijack the thread is beyond me. Let's try ignore without the button shall we.

• Hijack ?? Its fact Samuel wont score goals at this level !!

• It’s spelt w.i.l.l. Hopefully 2 tomorrow!

• Mate, its not even you that is annoying, its that others get baited by you and I have to sift through the shite!
    Samuel does have issues with his finishing at the moment which is sad and worrying given that he brings so much to the team but right now we just need the end product. We can only hope he will stick it away tomorrow for the win

• I have little doubt that Alex will add goals to his other excellent all-round abilities and character. His all-action highly mobile style of play mean that he spends much less time in the box than most forwards. I just hope he and others who put so much effort into the match on Friday will be able to raise their game tomorrow. It would be great in a way if GA can start with the same eleven for the fourth consecutive game (if I’ve got that right) but there must be a temptation to do a bit of tinkering. It seems a shame that no place can be found for as fine a player as Anthony Stewart. And if I thought Matt B was back to full fitness I’d be looking to introduce him at some point, not necessarily from the start.

• It's a fact Alex Samuel has scored at least one goal at this level i saw him do it!

• Yes, thanks for that @Wendoverman ! And there’s me thinking that disingenuously taking phrases literally was my prerogative (borne of autistic tendencies). As I’m sure you know, I meant adding goals sufficiently frequently (say a dozen or more per season) for us not to have to wrack our brains to remember the last one. In fact, Alex has scored this season against Fulham, Sunderland, Accrington, Shrewsbury and Walsall. As a teenager he scored the winning goal for Wales against the Republic of Ireland. The potential is there.

• Wonder if they'll be tempted to bring JJ back in. Harriman has been faultless really but we don't seem to be able to get anything from set pieces or cross well when on top.

• It has been a notable trade off.
    More pace, but less delivery

• I would stick with Harriman.

• @Wendoverman said:
    It's a fact Alex Samuel has scored at least one goal at this level i saw him do it!

He scored the winner at Accrington and what was almost the winner at home to Sunderland.

• I have a bet on us of 200 at 9-1 lets hope it happens

• @rmjlondon said:
    I have a bet on us of 200 at 9-1 lets hope it happens

There's more punctuation there than credibility.

• edited April 2019

@rmjlondon said:
    I have a bet on us of 200 at 9-1 lets hope it happens

Have you been raiding your monopoly game or gambling your Haribo sweeties Richie!

• @mooneyman said:
    I would stick with Harriman.

Didn't we constantly get skinned down the left side by some very quick right winger at their place? I didn't go, but from memory listening in to the commentary it was our achilles heel that day. As such Harriman should be the preferred option, if the same guy plays of course.

• Thankfully that was Morgan Ferrier who hasn't even made the squad for Walsall of late. To be fair it was Harriman that got constantly skinned that day.

• @micra I was responding to hatter Richie's he will never score goals at this level. I think your post arrived aroubd the same time. I am no literal pedant honestly.

• @DJWYC14 said:
    Thankfully that was Morgan Ferrier who hasn't even made the squad for Walsall of late. To be fair it was Harriman that got constantly skinned that day.

Oh!! ?