Skip to content

Further Forward: Crowd Forecast - Walsall (H) Mon 22nd April - Match 44

edited April 2019 in Football

Posted this early as there is not long between games, some people may want to give light to thoughts on the attendance before the away game on Friday, many I guess will want to wait on the result of that game and other games.

I don't think it is possible for it all to be settled by Monday's game: so I think we will see a 6000+ crowd whatever the result on Friday.

Here is the link to the spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vpqO39-MErfAbYAHxA74Btz7ncC-IBF_zMlY0Y7KTT0/edit?usp=sharing

Don't wait for my prediction if you want to go first, but remember @Shev is coming over for this one.

Comments

• Thanks @railwaysteve - I am going to go with 6222, with 950 from Walsall.

Looking forward to being there in person!

• 6115 and 865 from Walsall. I shall listen out for shev singing Wycombe strong before kick-off

• 6072 with 886 from Walsall

• @Wendoverman said:
    6115 and 865 from Walsall. I shall listen out for shev singing Wycombe strong before kick-off

I will definitely be the only one!

• 6,003 with 828 Walsall.

• @shev If I see you before the match we could have a sing off in the car park! Not sure what time I'll arrive, though, as having lunch with relatives beforehand and you may already have gone into the stand by the time I get there.

• That should clear the car park pretty sharpish!

• @Uncle_T said:
    @shev If I see you before the match we could have a sing off in the car park! Not sure what time I'll arrive, though, as having lunch with relatives beforehand and you may already have gone into the stand by the time I get there.

I hope to see you @Uncle_T - we may be hanging around in one of the bars afterwards too.

• @mooneyman said:
    That should clear the car park pretty sharpish!

They don't call me 'tear cannister' for nothing...

• 5,878 with 620 Walsall

• 6234 with 785

• 6350 with 899 away

• Twin attractions of glorious weather and Shev brings the locals out in force. 6426 in total with 627 coming by horse.

• 5432 with 666 facing the M40

• 5555, 765 away

• 6,100 with 850 away please

• 5888 with 777 Walsallians

• 6168 with 801 Saddlers riding home at a slow and empty trot.

• 5980 with 590 for Walsall

• Waiting for @Manboobs before I make my move.

• @micra said:
    Waiting for @Manboobs before I make my move.

That’s not a sentence one reads every day @micra I was lucky last time. This one I don’t know... should be good weather, much to play for so supporters will be out in force but tempered with perhaps less fair weather ‘fans’ who won’t have seen a home win for a while. So I go 5922 with 787 going home disappointed.

• 6,104 including 635 away

• 5430, with 690 in the away end.

• @Manboobs: A suspicion of double-entendre there too!

I’d decided to take the average of the predicted totals of half a dozen of the most successful forecasters, adjusted to reflect expected weather conditions and the impact of yet another defeat against the run of play (a factor probably more likely to have a positive effect than if there was nothing to play for).

As a result of all that malarkey I’m going for 5853 to include 763 Reds.

• Another most important game of the season so far - we can do it! We are Wycombe after all.

At 08:30 on match day morning we say from 18 forecasts-

Average for Total Crowd: 5992
    Average for Away Crowd 752

I have put my own prediction in as 6057 with 556 bringing their own Balti pies.

That makes a fair few of us to support the team. Lets enjoy our day in the sun.

Happy predicting to those who have yet to post. Anyone is welcome to give it a try - you might be the one of the very few this season to have a prediction spot on - I just looked through the spreadsheet and couldn't see anyone who had achieved this yet for the total attendance.

Chairboys!

• 5998 (869 away)

• 5001 (621 away)

• 5427 with 687 away

• 6,227 with 858 wearing red shirts

• it was 5,595 with 547 Walsall fans.