Skip to content

Match day thread: Rochdale

Comments

• Just a reminder that the new edition of The Wanderer can be collected from Teresa on the WWISC coach (Angel Travel) after the game, just £1.50 or free to WWISC members.

For those not travelling, the issue will 'officially' go on sale before the Walsall game on Monday.

Safe travels everyone. Enjoy the game!

• As it's a Friday, does anyone know if the game will be available to watch on iFollow?

• WWFC have said it's not which is annoying.

• Lovely sunny day oop north, penultimate away day, up the Wanderers.

• @ValleyWanderer

https://ifollow.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001270489-Why-can-t-I-watch-certain-games-

Domestic users will be able to watch any league match that takes place outside the blocked hours of 14.45-17.15 on Saturday afternoons and that is not broadcast live on Sky Sports. Fixtures taking place on Bank Holidays or Easter will be unavailable for streaming. Any other games are ‘blacked out’. All league matches will be available to watch again from Noon BST the day after the live event with an active iFollow premium subscription.

• I tried to watch the Charlton game last week on iFollow while on holiday in Cyprus. Despite being available to watch both in the UK and the rest of the world, I wasn’t allowed to watch it. iFollow support told me I’d have to have a Cyprus bank account and address to watch the match. All this despite having taken my money for the match pass.

• When was the last time we named the same team three games running?
  • @Steve_Peart said:
    @ValleyWanderer

https://ifollow.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001270489-Why-can-t-I-watch-certain-games-

Domestic users will be able to watch any league match that takes place outside the blocked hours of 14.45-17.15 on Saturday afternoons and that is not broadcast live on Sky Sports. Fixtures taking place on Bank Holidays or Easter will be unavailable for streaming. Any other games are ‘blacked out’. All league matches will be available to watch again from Noon BST the day after the live event with an active iFollow premium subscription.

Ah balls, I was about to sit down, ready to watch the match.

• Twitter suggests we've had a lot of promising moments. Anyone with eyes on the ground got a take?

• edited April 2019

The whole watching IFollow does seem a right old nonsense at the moment.
    Farcical enough that you can watch lower league games abroad (or by cheating the system if you're techy), which must bring in TENS of viewers for Wycombe, but can't watch them in your own country. Bizarre.

And then you can't watch them over Easter?! They seem to make the rules up as they go along.

• @HCblue said:
    Twitter suggests we've had a lot of promising moments. Anyone with eyes on the ground got a take?

All over them. They don't look good at all. Far too early of course.

• Wycombe definitely on top with plenty of chances, although Rochdale should have scored in the last minute of the first half. Kashket looks lively but unlikely to last 90 minutes in this glorious sunshine.

• We are much the better team here. They have offered absolutely nothing (apart from missing a sitter right at the end). Scotty missed a 1 on 1 and hit the bar. We look quite good, playing some nice stuff. The sun will be in their gks eyes in the second half so we can take advantage of that. A good half, only missing a goal

• Definitely the better team. Dale not offering much but could certainly have taken the lead with a great chance just before HT. Blazed horribly over the bar, thank goodness.

Kashkett looks very lively again and was very unlucky not to score with a superb curling effort that hit the bar.

• Thanks, chaps.

• They are playing with such a high line its a shame that Tyson isn't fit as he would destroy them

• Sheesh - there's that many chances coming without a goal, according to Twitter, that I'm getting v. bad vibes...

• That was inevitable i guess

• C*$p. Knew it!

• How super disappointing.

• The goal was offside in the build up which makes it harder to take.
    After that though we resorted to desperate hoofball

• Tiredness is going to be a big factor now. Bayo might struggle to play Monday given he's carrying an injury. That last minute Walsall equaliser did us a favour but hopefully hasn't lifted their spirits too much.

Next two games absolutely vital. COYB!

• Walsall were poor and only equalised courtesy of a soft penalty from the sounds of things. Fingers well and truly crossed...

• edited April 2019

Someone said a few weeks ago that they felt Wimbledon was the decisive game. Just hope they were right saying it's where we'll seal staying up!

One thing is certain - we cannot afford to lose to Walsall now!!

• We really do need to beat Walsall. We never play well against Wimbledon, so I don't want us to be going there needing a win.

• At least Fleetwood on the last day are the exact sort of team you want - midtable - nothing to play for.

We could yet have to win that to stay up!

• Those games can work the other way though: team with nothing to lose or prove against one that's maybe a bit nervous. Just ask our chums Bristol Rovers.

• And just imagine watching Ched Evans score the goal that sends us down...