Skip to content

Trust meeting postponed

Comments

• @Wendoverman - Clearly showing yourself up as a crisp eating "plastic fan"!

We obviously all hope that a wealthy man/woman is out there willing to hand over some cash, but it is not in our long term interest if that cash is via ever increasing loans.

I'm joking about the plastic bit by the way.

• There is a certain inevitability to that scenario @drcongo. Not entirely sure how much he could have done to engineer the situation though.

The good news is that generally he is on the side of WWFC doing well.

The bad news is that he is probably more on the side of IB doing better - or at least his ego. But then this was how most football league clubs operated for a century or so.

• edited April 2019

@mooneyman I did pay for the season ticket on plastic! :wink::smile:
    @bookertease perhaps he is still smarting from the lifting of the £20 a week wage cap for players?

• We need more fans I was told by someone on here awile back who I won't mention there name they told me when steve Hayes is gone fans would come back but it doesn't seem like that has happened our home attendances are hardly much different to back then.

• Don’t believe everything you hear, @trevor.

• Was probably Richie @trevor.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    To think that he has the right to ignore the members he represents is no better than bloody Dominic Grieve and his reaction to the Beaconsfield constituency ‘Leave’ vote.
    To me it means he (Stroud), doesn’t think the Trust members would know what they are talking about.

Are you equally furious about Steve Baker exercising his right to ignore the will of his Wycombe constituents? Or is that ok?

• edited April 2019

Just keep repeating 'The will of the British people...' until you start to believe it and forget you are a poor quality backbencher who would never be on the telly otherwise. If the fact that Beery Nigel, realising that he's losing his fat salary and the filling up of his fat EU Pension, has formed a new party so him and his useless UKIP mates can get back on the EU gravy train for four more years is not enough to prove how bankrupt and fraudulent these one note carnival barkers are to 'the british public'....I give up.
    What were we talking about again?

• @Steve_Peart said:

@Guppys_Left_Leg said:

Was he suggesting none of it would be paid back by the new date or not all of it?

That was not made clear.

Terrifying then!!

• @Wendoverman said:
    Sadly, perhaps as I have not shared the journey from non-league with you all I'm not sure I would want to be watching £20 a week plasterers or teenagers myself...snowflake I know.

Or £250 a day cash in hand plumbers even!

• So just listened to the interview. Trev says they put both bids under outside financial and legal scrutiny before picking the preferred one...plus there are two others offers (plus possibly Andrew Harman) and they're not going to rush into anything. It's not shambling performance I was expecting.

• @Wendoverman said:
    So just listened to the interview. Trev says they put both bids under outside financial and legal scrutiny before picking the preferred one...plus there are two others offers (plus possibly Andrew Harman) and they're not going to rush into anything. It's not shambling performance I was expecting.

Whilst I wouldn't want them to "rush into anything", a bit of urgency would be appreciated.
    To quote a dearly departed mate of mine: "take your time, but bloody well hurry up about it".

• Indeed @EwanHoosaami it's important they move fast to pull in potential deals the Gasroom can argue about for six months...what else will we be doing in the summer between complaints about uninspiring transfers, poorly organised French trips and renewal of contracts for players who are 'past it' and the beginning of the FA Cup ticket debacle...?

• Not sure how they can set a wage budget for next season unless the Board get their finger out and sort this mess out.

• @WildWestFC said:
    Why can't we just cut the wage bill to what we can afford? We could pay 20 young players £200 per week, an annual sum of £208,000. Surely there are local youngsters who would accept a foot in the game for that.
    We might get relegated but if this is what we can afford it is what we should do.

Totally agree, whatever we earn from TV and gate receipts, that's the wage budget. Profits from other parts of the club pay for the upkeep of the ground and running of the club.

Why should the club relay on 'football fortune' to survive? What sane business would pay its employees more than they are bringing in?

• I agree football is a mental business and I cannot believe this has not been tried already @Keith_Allens_Wig I would be interested to see if there was a successful club doing it!
    I don't know anyone who supports an non-Premier League club that does not have a financial/ownership horror story to tell!

• @Keith_Allens_Wig said:

Totally agree, whatever we earn from TV and gate receipts, that's the wage budget.

Going back to a much earlier post of mine...

how the hell can the club work out the gate receipts for a season with so many external factors affecting them?

Ok, work on the previous season's average but if the 'big' games end up as midweek ones, or get postponed so end up being midweek then you could be tens of thousands of pounds out by the season's end

• @Guppys_Left_Leg absolutely, the only thing you can really predict is the money you've got from the ST sales and the Quest TV money which I cannot believe is that much...

• I wonder if any football club in the football league work to a minimum income situation?

• The biggest problem now is that we won't be able to pay our creditors, the one thing that Collis and Luby could promise to do.

• @Wendoverman said:
    @Guppys_Left_Leg absolutely, the only thing you can really predict is the money you've got from the ST sales and the Quest TV money which I cannot believe is that much...

Lge 2 money I believe was £450.000+. So maybe a touch more in lge 1

• This gives solidarity payments for 2017-18, £680k for each League 1 club, £450k for League 2:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League_Parachute_and_Solidarity_Payments

I can't find this season's figures stated anywhere.

Note Sunderland's estimated parachute payment of £34m for 2018-19, which covers their wage bill of £23m this season. They have said that if they do not get promoted this season they will have to cut their wage bill to a mere £15m.

• PrayForSunderland

• Hope they did offer to pay for the damage at Adams Park caused by a tiny minority of their fans.

• Is that Rodwell geezer still hanging about on colossal Premier league wages? Or did he finally leave last year?

With ex Premier leaguers like Cattermole still there, they've done well to keep morale in the squad, with the likes of O Nien probably on about 10% of his wage.

• Rodwell now on a one year contract with Blackburn Rovers @Malone.

• They sound like the perfect fit for each other.

• He'll be one of these players who retires with an absolute wad of wong, but has next to zero footballing memories of achievements to look back on, certainly versus talent.

• That's 3 "I told you so's"... playing the long game.