Skip to content

Easter week-end entertainment

With Wycombe away at Rochdale on Good Friday there are plenty of local games to see this coming Saturday. I’ve also included a couple on Good Friday for those not going to Rochdale.

If anyone is reading this in or near Gloucestershire there is also a Hellenic League ground-hop on Good Friday as follows: Longlevens v Reading City (noon k.o.), Lydney Town v Windsor (3.30) then finally Newent Town v Cheltenham Saracens (7pm).

For those living nearer the Chair Metropolis the Good Friday local games are as follows (3pm k.o.):

NATIONAL LEAGUE:

Boreham Wood v Salford City
Maidenhead United v Barrow

NATIONAL LEAGUE NORTH:

Brackley Town v Boston United

NATIONAL LEAGUE SOUTH:

St Albans City v East Thurrock United
Woking v Concord Rangers

EASTER SATURDAY (k.o. 3pm):

NATIONAL LEAGUE SOUTH:

Oxford City v Slough Town
Wealdstone v Dulwich Hamlet

SOUTHERN LGE PREM DIV SOUTH:

Kings Langley v Dorchester Town

HELLENIC LEAGUE PREMIER DIV:

Flackwell Heath v Tuffley Rovers

HELLENIC LGE DIV ONE EAST:

Chinnor v Holyport
Thame Rangers v AFC Aldermaston

SPARTAN LEAGUE DIVISION ONE:

Winslow United v Brimsdown

** On Tuesday night (16th) there are couple of games of note: Beaconsfield Town v Merthyr Tydfil (7.45) and Windsor v Flackwell Heath (7.45)

The weather’s due to warm up so it might be a pleasant way to spend an evening while supporting local football.

Comments

• Oxford City vs Slough for me. Easy to forget how far ahead - for now - we are ahead of our old chums.

• Watched Slough a few times this season, lovely stadium excellent pasties . They also have a useful keeper Now I've said that he'll have a mare on Saturday

• Also saw a poster today in Marlow advertising Marlow v South Park on Saturday ( cartoon team ?)

• You are quite correct @Mr67. Marlow are at home to South Park on Saturday in the Bostik (Isthmian) South Central Division. It’s an important game for the Blues as they look to secure a play-off place.

South Park are a team from the southern suburbs of Reigate. Another small club who’ve risen through the ranks of the Non-League pyramid. Their Chairman is Ricky Kidd (remember him from his Sutton United playing days?) A very useful centre-forward if my memory is correct.

• Thank you for that Mr W

• Less local but I’ll be off to Clapton CFC against The Curve FC on Saturday. Would be nice to see some chairboys there.

• Eleven goal thriller at Clapton today, the tons winning it 6-5 in the 93rd minute having been 2-4 down at half time.

• Blast from the past - in the Southern League, Berkhamsted were held 3-3 at home by Kempston Rovers. Two of the visitors’ goals were scored by Izale Macleod.