Skip to content

Fleetwood / Joey Barton

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47922726

I suppose there is a certain inevitability to this allegation.

Comments

• @bookertease said:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47922726

I suppose there is a certain inevitability to this allegation.

• For all his trying to act like a philosopher, he's a wrong un, without a shadow of a doubt.

• Fleetwood Smack?

• Wouldn't be surprised if he got the Fleetwood Sack

• Bloke is a fucking liability !!!

• Isn’t it good that we have such a respectable and class act as our manager.

• @MBS said:
    Isn’t it good that we have such a respectable and class act as our manager.

If/when he leaves, I will miss his class even more than his talent. It will be a shock to the system the next time a Wycombe manager has a whinge!

• Wonder if he'll get the Fleetwood Sack on Monday Morning

• Sorry, looks like you guys already beat me to it, i guess this is just Second Hand News

• Or just Rumours, maybe?

• I suspect he'll be told to go his own way

• He certainly does Walk A Thin Line

• Every chance he's never going back to Fleetwood again

• @th100 said:
    Every chance he's never going back to Fleetwood again

I suppose you could say he's a Bad Loser

• His temper is an albatross around his neck..

• @Cretinho said:
    His temper is an albatross around his neck..

I’d be pissed off if I had a bird with a 20 foot wingspan hanging off me.

• Rumour going round that Barton headbutted the Barnsley manager causing him to lose 2 teeth, if true he'll be banged up for sure and banned from the game for life.

• @robin that’s mororless what I heard yesterday. Football has a way of pushing these things under the carpet and the police report will however be a ‘bit of a minor disagreement walking down the tunnel after the game and the Barnsley FC manager turned around to see what was happening and his face accidentally made contact with the forehead of the Fleetwood FC manager.’

• I very much doubt it and definite prison sentence with his previous convictions !!!

@bookertease said:
    @robin that’s mororless what I heard yesterday. Football has a way of pushing these things under the carpet and the police report will however be a ‘bit of a minor disagreement walking down the tunnel after the game and the Barnsley FC manager turned around to see what was happening and his face accidentally made contact with the forehead of the Fleetwood FC manager.’

• Joey Barton has been very quiet since taking the Fleetwood job. Back with a bang yesterday though. Wonder what the truth is

• Manager's respective lawyers probably negotiating a hefty compensation figure today.

• It's football.
    You get real criminals allowed to come back in, so a mere headbutt isn't anywhere near enough to get him permanently excluded.

I bet he won't even get sacked.

• I bet he does !!!

• His previous will count against him if it does get to court.

• @Malone said:
    It's football.
    You get real criminals allowed to come back in, so a mere headbutt isn't anywhere near enough to get him permanently excluded.

I bet he won't even get sacked.

If he has assaulted him then he must get sacked. If any of us assaulted another employee at a place of work then it would be instant dismissal. I know football has a habit of sweeping things under the carpet at times but in this instance I don’t see any other outcome other than him being sacked.

• It'll certainly be interesting to watch.

You wouldn't get a player sacked, they're worth too much to the club.
    I dare say it'll be along those lines to Fleetwood, unless they were looking to make a change anyway.

• Barnsley v Fleetwood becomes an instant bitter rivalry if Barnsley do not go up and if Barton somehow stays. Can you imagine how awkward the "handshake moment" would be?

• It'd make Gaz and that Plymouth goon look like a bromance.

• @Cecil said:

If he has assaulted him then he must get sacked. If any of us assaulted another employee at a place of work then it would be instant dismissal. I know football has a habit of sweeping things under the carpet at times but in this instance I don’t see any other outcome other than him being sacked.

I don't disagree with the principle of what you have said. But how many players have you seen being sacked from their club for hitting/headbutting/assaulting an opposition player?

I still remember the left hook Mickey Bell applied to an opposition defended. Walked off the pitch before the card was raised and was playing again a few games later.

I expect the same to happen with Barton. Unless, as said above, its advantageous for Fleetwood to make that change and not have to pay him off.