Skip to content

Match day thread: Southend

Comments

• Must be a lot of shoe lace tying up now!

• Last time we had a two goal lead, anyone?

• Gillingham away?

• Oh great...

• Mr Adams will not be happy, lets hope that added time is not too long.

• Six extra minutes. The downside of being ahead!

• Fkn brilliant all round

• Incredible scenes.
    A Two goal winning margin away from home!

Just what Monsieur Doctor called for after this week!

• Yanks back on board.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Fkn brilliant all round

In your excitement, spare a thought for one of our regular posters who has had a terrible day. Richie's Hatters lost 3-1 and finished with 10 men and Gareth led us to victory.

• WHAT. A. WIN.

• Massive win. Both sides looked nervy. One bit of quality in the move for the first goal made the difference.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Superb result, just brilliant. Couldn't make the game but commentary suggested Kashket and El Abd in particular put in a serious shift. Great positivity from Gareth on 3CR just now. What a credit he is to Wycombe and football as a whole.

Onward to Rochdale. Presume as it's not a Saturday it'll be available on iFollow?

Have a great Saturday night, fellow Chairboys and girls and safe journey home to the heroic 772.

• was it not 722 ?

• Crazy league this year. It’s not out of the question that we could finish in the top half.

• i comeback on the forum and we win the next day must be lucky .

• Thank God for that, great win... put a bit of daylight between us and the bottom 3 as well, could do with another one now

• @wformation said:
    was it not 722 ?

Not according to WWFC on Twitter they gave it as 772.

• First half hour was all us but no real edge, brilliant spell leading up to goal, Scotty looking sharp, Bayo looked off pace and front three not working great, until the greatest five minutes from a Wycombe player in decades getting on end of pass /shot then heading in. Brilliant atmosphere, great day. Sk could have had a pen, was a bit awkward, he had basically slipped in the box but then looked to get a kick on the way down, would be one for the rule book pedants if it mattered.They had a good go at us at the end.

If the Americans didn't fancy days like today then forget them. Interesting to see Ainsworth praised all at the club for finding him the cash to stay overnight, money well spent, if anyone wants to start a crowdfunder I'm happy to chip in.

• Great effort from every player today. Worked hard all game, closing down all over the pitch and chasing every ball forward. Southend were terrible but we helped them look that way.

Nice to have that winning feeling after so many weeks (and nice to be home already - wasn't sure about some of our songs aimed at inhabitants of this county!)

• Massive win and a wonderful, emotion filled interview with GA on 3 Counties. Vital we follow this up over Easter. 6 points and we're home and dry. 4 points and we're nearly there.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:

Onward to Rochdale. Presume as it's not a Saturday it'll be available on iFollow?

Am hoping so.

• So am I. In Somerset over Easter but would certainly find time to watch that one. Back Monday just in time for Walsall.

• @micra said:
    Yanks back on board

Na.....time wasting bastards we know what they are ???

• Walsall will be tough in more ways than one. They picked up 6 yellow cards today and committed 21 fouls to Accrington’s (and our) 11. Gordon was sent off for a second yellow but I assume he will only be suspended for the Good Friday game.

• Nice pint with some Southend fans afterwards. Nice for me anyway...

• We’ve also got a better GD than any of the teams below us and even the two teams immediately above us, that could well be worth an extra point.

• What a result, just what we needed. Our season seems to have been summed up by momentum and batches of results - long periods of winning and losing, let's hope this is the start of another win.

Funnily enough, I was crying out for Bayo to come off after his yellow card. Not especially because of anything he'd done, but if he's not getting any decisions, and we can't pick up on the second balls - what's the point? Then he has the best 5 minutes of his time in a Wycombe shirt.

El-Abd had his best game in a while for us, while still shockingly slow with the turning circle of a tranquillised elephant, he read the game superbly.

Let's work on throw-ins though, shall we? We may as well just chuck it back to them to save us time.