Skip to content

New revenue streams

Comments

• We are talking about last summer, Malone.

• So for £2000 +vat they lost a lucrative local sponsor with sick daughter.
    I think truth be know, this went sour due to ego jostling between Irvine & GM
    Damians on all social media and loves to talk ask him ! Although pretty sure he had a large pay off and NDA like all previous financial & commercial staff privy to clubs financial mucky business !

By the way I just realised what C stands for in DevC !!

@NiceCarrots & @marlowchair are the good guys and know exactly what they are talking about.

• @DevC said:
    If someone makes such a serious accusation, I would expect some evidence to back it up. Presumably the cancelled match was advertised online, a link to that would be a start.

FFS @DevC just give up will you. You have become more irritating than @rmjlondon & that really is an achievement.

• I must say I did think it rather presumptuous to have arranged the celebrity game on that day @Malone - big sigh of relief for someone as the whistle went at Chesterfield

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@DevC said:
    If someone makes such a serious accusation, I would expect some evidence to back it up. Presumably the cancelled match was advertised online, a link to that would be a start.

FFS @DevC just give up will you. You have become more irritating than @rmjlondon & that really is an achievement.

At least Richie is amusing at times!

• edited April 2019

@DevC ,
    Just to be sure, the game that was cancelled was the Saturday.

The Selleb game was the same day as the potential play off final, and went ahead.

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2018/may/gallery-sellebrity-at-adams-park/

Now, if the club "couldn't handle" a game 2 days before, how the heck could they handle a game the same day?
    So your "usual" bit, doesn't wash for this one.

Still, it needs investigation to what actually went on, I agree we need further details before 100% demonising someone.
    But it looks pretty bad.

• No wonder Panache took their money and pro bono fire safety servicing to QPR

• http://bookonline.wwset.co.uk/BtecRecruitment26thMay

Clearly no takers for the £2000 +vat pitch hire as The stadium was used for WWSet recruitment day
    See link for agenda

• marlowchair earlier said he doesn't know Truthwillout.
    truthwillout now says marlowchair is the good guy and knows what he is talking about.
    You all have to decide.

You also have to decide whether any human being working in a customer focused business would consciously cancel a charity event they have previously agreed to stage, for no good reason with all the potential adverse publicity that that would cause. And then be backed by his boss.

This campaign of vilification is getting more and more ridiculous.

• If you cancel a game for an ill kid, you'd have to have one hell of a reason.
    And most likely you'd pull out all the stops to get a new game lined up.

• Dev, you also have to consider that you’re a fucking idiot and couldn't spot a logical fallacy if it bit you on your lonely arse.

marlowchair earlier said he doesn't know Truthwillout.
    truthwillout now says marlowchair is the good guy and knows what he is talking about.

“All cats are black” does not mean “all black things are cats”. Philosophical analysis day one.

• @DevC said:
    You all have to decide.

You also have to decide whether any human being working in a customer focused business would consciously cancel a charity event they have previously agreed to stage, for no good reason with all the potential adverse publicity that that would cause. And then be backed by his boss.

Because from the things Marlowchair has said in the past are 100% accurate from my own experience first hand. I don’t know who he is, but I know he’s telling the truth and he speaks facts!

• @TruthWillOut said:

@DevC said:
    You all have to decide.

Because from the things Marlowchair has said in the past are 100% accurate from my own experience first hand. I don’t know who he is, but I know he’s telling the truth and he speaks facts!

@DevC
    I can guarantee nearly every single one of you on this forum actually knows me. Have met me, seen me and dealt with me as some point when dealing with the club.
    That’s why when reading the Gasroom I can tell who is actually in the know and speaking facts.

• That must be it then.

Hypothetical question for you if I may @TruthWillOut

If you were in charge of the club, you had a booking for two months time but it was possible that the club may be involved in a playoff final. If so you had serious doubts whether you could cope with the event. What would you do?

A) cancel now to avoid risk of a very late cancellation after we won the semis

Or

B) wing it hoping that the clash wouldn’t happen

• No Idea why b) has become a smiley!

• C) Also having a seleb game on the actual day of a possible play off final, yet that funnily enough still went ahead...

• Do you think it would have gone ahead if we had reached the final?

• Jesus wept, continues to weep and shows no signs of wishing to stop weeping.

• Oh by the way, in the other hypothetical situation whereby a manager callously cancelled a booked charity event for no good reason, I would have seen that as gross misconduct.

• Jesus is now looking for some nails and a big cross to get away from this drivel.

• @DevC said:
    That must be it then.

Hypothetical question for you if I may @TruthWillOut

If you were in charge of the club, you had a booking for two months time but it was possible that the club may be involved in a playoff final. If so you had serious doubts whether you could cope with the event. What would you do?

A) cancel now to avoid risk of a very late cancellation after we won the semis

Or

B) wing it hoping that the clash wouldn’t happen

I have dealt with that situation almost every season, worked through 3 relegations and 3 promotions.
    The pitch hire is not connected to football business once the season ends and all home league games are finished latest 5th May
    If the play offs are taking place at Wembley the only staff required at Wembley is the playing staff, players, club secretary, media, and the chairman.
    Matchday staff such as stewards, ticketing, Stadium management, conference centre staff are not required to run a Wembley play off game (Wembley use their own staff) although Adams Park staff may like to attend as a fan.

I would proceed with the 26th May at Adams Park.
    I certainly would let a sponsor down

• @DevC I notice that you completely ignored my post of 7.57 - I've shown you evidence that your version of events is an absolute lie, and @Malone has provided further evidence too. I do not know whether @TruthWillOut is correct, but there is far more evidence to support their version of events than yours.

I've read this forum for years. The way you've peddled this lie and attempted to mislead is, for me, absolutely your lowest moment.

On the matter at hand. I met Damian Irvine a few times and he always seemed a very decent man. The commercial side of the club seemed to come a long way during his time with us. I never understood why he suddenly left under a cloud. Perhaps we're now getting near to the truth.

• Simple question for you, last quarter

Do you actually believe that it is remotely likely that the club cancelled a charity event for no good reason
    Do you also believe that the fact that it was due two days before a playoff final we could well have been in was pure xoincedence

• edited April 2019

Isn't it your bed time now Dev. Don't forget to take your medication!

• @DevC said:
    Simple question for you, last quarter

Do you actually believe that it is remotely likely that the club cancelled a charity event for no good reason
    Do you also believe that the fact that it was due two days before a playoff final we could well have been in was pure xoincedence

I’m mostly a lurker on here, not much of a poster, but by Christ @DevC you really are being wilfully ignorant.

It has already been pointed out to you that the club had arranged (and not cancelled) a celebrity match at Adams park on THE SAME DAY as the playoff final.
    They also tried to sell the Adams Park pitch for private use 2 days before the playoff final - the day that the charity game was originally planned for.

So why on earth are you still insisting that the charity game was probably cancelled because of the chance of it happening 2 days before the playoff final, given the above FACTS?

• @DevC said:
    Simple question for you, last quarter

1. I have no idea. Unlike you I'm not making up lies and presenting them as facts. I think a statement from the General Manager is probably needed to offer his version of events.
    2. Yes. I've already explained to you that this clearly wasn't the reason, as the club then tried to hire the pitch out on that date. I'm not going to waste any more time getting the message into your head. You've now lost any credibility you might have had to call out the supposed lies of others.
  • You’ve shown yourself to be quite spectacularly thick tonight Dev. And not just because you’re a bit hard of thinking like Richie, but you’re wilfully and deliberately ignorant, a sad lonely little man with nothing better to do than deliberately misinterpret people’s posts and ignore presented evidence just so that you can feel superior to other posters like a pre-school bully. It’s truly astonishing that this is the behaviour of a grown adult.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Get help. Proper professional help.

• I think Dev has gone off on a massive tangent and jumped to some dubious conclusions. However, we have no idea if this story is true and (dare I say) it’s another example of how social media fails to differentiate between the truth and an unsubstantiated accusation.

• It surprises me that there would be two charity matches planned within a couple of days of each other.

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    Jesus wept, continues to weep and shows no signs of wishing to stop weeping.

My eternal thanks. I was beginning to despair reading this thread. I needed a lift. Right on to see what rubbish there still is