Skip to content

New revenue streams

Comments

• There was very heavy traffic all the way up to Handy Cross for a long while. I parked at my mum's in Castlefield and found some passive aggressively-driven enormous idiot tanks full of blue nylon replica football shirts blocking the end of Rutland Avenue at around half 5, and decided to go on the scenic back roads to Reading via Marlow and Henley instead to avoid Handy Cross and the M4 roadworks.

• @Chris said:
    If you admit you lied about the standing ovation then I’ll delete any future posts @chasharps makes about it.

Let's see Mr Parry's response to this post ????

• Here’s a novel idea, charge the full commercial going rate for a league1/ league2 club:
    Front of Shirt sponsorship 70- 90k,
    Training Kit 25 -30k
    Stand sponsorship 30-40k
    That would help to start with and stop plastering the club with brands who don’t pay the full going rate.
    You’ve already Heavily subsidised the last 5 years commercial revenue for the sake of a 100k “loan”

• You're right, there must be 1,000s of companies locally who want to get involved....just literally queuing up probably.

• Actually Panache Fire (high Wycombe based) spent over a million quid with wwfc used to be box 3 and away stand sponsor but left because they were treated abominably.
    Think you'll find companies willing to pay sponsorship have been turned away due to current sponsors paying a subsidised rate refuse to come off the kit.

• Or a new stadium joint name sponser.

• @TruthWillOut but Ruth still in hiding.

• Got to love an ITK.
    Always makes you wonder who leaks this stuff out / creative license in hyping up how rubbish everything supposedly is.

• some people know things

• I have no idea who truthwillout is but I do know panache fire services withdrew all their sponsorship and funding after being treated unprofessionally.

I’ve raised the issue months ago, they are not the only sponsor to walk away or greatly reduce their spend with us over the last season due to a lack of expertise and experience commercially.

• Can you clarify in what way were they treated unprofessionally @marlowchair and what was the response when you raised it with the powers that be? (Serious questions)

• @Wendoverman , don't be silly son, it's more fun moaning on here about here!

• I like to know what things people know @Malone as I've been denied a vote on something I hadn't had enough information to vote on.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Can you clarify in what way were they treated unprofessionally @marlowchair and what was the response when you raised it with the powers that be? (Serious questions)

In short after sponsoring for over 12 years, the owner of Panache, 5 year old daughter was diagnosed with cancer and having aggressive chemo. A celebrity match was arranged and agreed in the off season.
    All bar and food money going to club but ticket funds to go to Charity.
    New GM arrives and pulls the plug because he reckoned he could rent the pitch out on that day.
    Panache pulled all sponsorship.
    Would cost the club several thousand to rent cherry picker to remove signage from Away stand.
    Would now no longer get free fire regs which amounted to 20k a year.
    And Panache now have a box a QPR

• In fact is Panache signage still up on away stand ? Probably can’t afford to remove it.
    contractually Panache own their boards as they had them designed, created and installed.

• Christ on a bike. That really is beyond incompetent and way out into malice.

• If that happened exactly as you describe, it would indeed be an extraordinary failure of judgement - (actually regardless of whether it involved a sponsor or not). So extraordinary that frankly it doesn’t ring true. Could you provide some evidence for this claim

• edited April 2019

**** me!
    That sounds very low indeed.

• I asked @marlowchair @TruthWillOut but thanks for that.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I asked @marlowchair @TruthWillOut but thanks for that.

Wow petty, No problem ! To be fair @MarlowChair & @NiceCarrots are spot on with their information.

• not meant to be petty...sorry of it took your breath away...but it is interesting that it seems there are three disgruntled people in the know posting in the wake of the latest debacle...a new power group perhaps?

• @DevC said:
    If that happened exactly as you describe, it would indeed be an extraordinary failure of judgement - (actually regardless of whether it involved a sponsor or not). So extraordinary that frankly it doesn’t ring true. Could you provide some evidence for this claim

Ask Terry the owner of Panache he’d be more than happy to tell you why he pulled his sponsorship. He’s still very hurt. You can contact him via the panache website. He’s more than happy to discuss his ordeal.
    He would also consider sponsorship again once Stroud & Co and the GM are gone.

• I asked you though

• Or you could perhaps describe them as the "impotent group" @Wendoverman.

• Very Line of Duty @Devc...I could be wrong but I doubt @TruthWillOut took pictures or recordings or has the results of the DNA back yet.

• If someone makes such a serious accusation, I would expect some evidence to back it up. Presumably the cancelled match was advertised online, a link to that would be a start.

• If that is really true, the gm would be an all time douche. Not just incompetent but a shimmering ape level douche.

• Go on the Panache Fire Facebook page
    Post Dec 18th advertising panache cure leukemia cup for May 26th 2018

• I've not heard this story before but have heard two former supplier/sponsors pulling their money as the goods they supplied in contra were forgotten in negotiations. The deal went elsewhere even though the overall packages could gave been net gains for the club.

• @TruthWillOut thx for highlighting this.
    It was clearly all over the Panache Facebook page.
    I doubt that's evidence enough for DevC though, who always has to check the mirror first thing in the morning to make sure it's really himself looking back.